Car Wash question...

Car Wash question...

This is a discussion on Car Wash question... within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Anyone had problems putting their Evoque through a car wash? I don't like to use them for fear of damage (paint, antennas, etc) on my ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Car Wash question...

Member #

Car Wash question...

Anyone had problems putting their Evoque through a car wash? I don't like to use them for fear of damage (paint, antennas, etc) on my vehicles. I think I may be more worried about all the camera locations.

I know the handbook mentions using car washes by saying...

"Turn off the rain sensing windscreen wipers"

"In car washes, when placing the transmission in neutral, there is a built-in delay of 10 minutes before the vehicle automatically shifts into Park, allowing time to go through a car wash"

Normally I'm a "hand washer", but in Seattle at this time of year, it's a tad cold for me to be hosing it down. Just came back from skiing and it needs some mountain dirt cleaned off ASAP.
    David likes this.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    its a car.... "car wash"....u r paranoid..

p
    Last edited by CanadianEvoque; 12-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.

Member #
    As of today I have had the Evoque through the automated car wash 11 times (8 "touchless" and three "soft cloth" washes)... no issues... black cars love to be clean.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Thanks for the input. I just put it through the Big Bear wash without any problems. Assuming you have the "rain-sense" wipers, did you ever forget to turn them off before going through a wash?

Member #
    I prefer to run my wipers the whole time I am going through the wash...I like to see what is going on...no issues.

Member #
    Washing is necessary need of every car for its better looking and for increasing its beauty .For car washing you should use latest polishes and wipers and water chemical for washing. Not use local polishes and chemicals which can damage your car paint

Traymark
    Last edited by Celleno1; 10-21-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Member #
    only issue I have had in a car wash it that it doesnt wash the rear window due to the rear roof spoiler

Member #
    "In car washes, when placing the transmission in neutral, there is a built-in delay of 10 minutes before the vehicle automatically shifts into Park, allowing time to go through a car wash"

What are they thinking?!! My first trip through the auto car wash (the car is automatically pulled through by a tire cradel) I'm in neutral and the motor is running and the wash lasted less than five minutes. I'm stopped at the end of the wash, with a car coming up behind me to soon automatically take the place I'm at, I'm supposed to pull away in my Evoque but its locked in neutral! Luckily I decide to turn off the motor and then I'm able to move the selector to park and restart the car, barely avoiding the car behind me from being pulled into my spot.

Member #
    If you're in neutral at a stand-still, depress the brake and you can shift into drive.

Member #
    I have put my black evoque thru 30 plus car washes...once every two weeks....absolutely no problems with any of the above concerns i.e. transmission, wipers, etc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads