Digital Speedometer for U.S. Evoque

This is a discussion on Digital Speedometer for U.S. Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello everyone, I'm new here and a new Evoque owner in Northern California. Happy with the car in general but one of my complaints is ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hello everyone, I'm new here and a new Evoque owner in Northern California. Happy with the car in general but one of my complaints is the lack of a digital speedometer. Turns out it has one, but only displays kilometers as far as I can tell.

I turned it on by doing the following:

1. Hit the O.K button on the steering wheel
    2. Enter "trip computer"
    3. Select "units"
    4. Select kilometers

The display will appear.

Has anyone been able to get a MPH display on a U.S. model? Since the display is there, it would seem a software update should solve the problem. On the upside, I now know how to translate km to mph.
    Last edited by gimme; 12-18-2011 at 12:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Thanks for the info. That was one of my complaints also as there was no digital speed display. There's got to be a solution as the UK cars does have MPH. If you do find a solution please let us know.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Member #
    I agree, I'd love to have the MPH in digital, the needle gauge is far to vague.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    This was one of my two complaints on the vehicle we test drove. The analog gauge was just blocked by the steering wheel when I move it to my preferred driving position. When I go in to order our evoque I'll ask the dealer to inquire to land rover about this display.

Member #
    Coming from a few prior vehicles with a digital MPH display, I find the lack of one on the USA model one of the vehicles biggest flaws. Anything that takes your eyes and attention away from the road for longer than necessary goes from being an annoyance to a safety issue. Hopefully enough people will speak up and they will issue the necessary software update.

Member #
    Great information,
    I did notice that it will work when you change to metrics, however that is not what we are using in the U.S. even though I am more familiar with metrics!

I will also inquire about that with the Dealership and request them to send a note to Land Rover in order to check if this is just a matter of software update.

Regards to all and a great week ahead.
    brazeagle

Member #
    Has anyone heard anything back on the digital read out?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by torchredfrc View Post
    Has anyone heard anything back on the digital read out?
    Off topic: torchredfrc.....did you have a C5?
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONHEAD View Post
    Off topic: torchredfrc.....did you have a C5?
    Yes, actually I still do have the C5. We're trading out C6 for the Evoque when it arrives.

Member #
    Interested in the english MPH if available as well. Please post your findings either yea or nay.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads