Free Satellite Radio

Free Satellite Radio

This is a discussion on Free Satellite Radio within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; When I purchased my Evoque I was told by the dealer there was no free trial period for satellite. I called Sirius a couple of ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Free Satellite Radio

When I purchased my Evoque I was told by the dealer there was no free trial period for satellite. I called Sirius a couple of days ago and was told there is a free one year subscription. Nice surprise!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    It is because they do that for everyone that wants sevice. Just an FYI. All companies do that.

Member #
    Dealer also told me no free trial (USA), called Sirius and they said I got 3 free months. Would love to know what the free trial really is and why the dealers seem to have no knowledge of it. Of the many different brands of cars I have purchased, I have never been told there was no free trial on a car with satellite radio until now. Not to mention the hour of my life I will never get back waiting for a Sirius rep to actually pick up the phone...very frustrating for any car and even more so at this price level.
    Last edited by dbturbo2; 01-05-2012 at 10:51 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I would call back and just request activation of your free 12 month trial. I have a Cooper and they actually asked me how long the trial was for which was also 12 months. Guess I should have said 10 years. I'm not sure they always know how long the period is for a specific car and seem willing to accommodate.

Member #
    Well I also first time listen it from you, before this i didn't aware about it that any service is available here like the car can catch the signal of the settilite. This is really interesting.
    Last edited by flake; 06-13-2012 at 06:47 AM.

Member #
    Have two Evoques, dealer knew nothing of free three months on both. Have letters from Sirius offering free six months if I sign up for a years subsciption and warning my service will end at the free three months. All rather confusing. I finally subscribed to Pandora, internet radio. $4.95 a month and works through bluetooth or cable. However, if you get into a remote area and there is no cell phone available you lose it. On a long road trip I used it about 80% of the time and then got whacked by my cell phone company $10. for excess data usage.

Member #
    When I activated my sirius radio, they told me it was 12 months free. However they killed it at 3 months. Called them back and they said I was told wrong by the first Sirius rep.

You can not combine sirius and xm radios as I just found out. They wanted full price for each, so XM just lost a 7 year customer, canceled it in my two cars with XM and my Evoque with Sirius.

Last edited by FLSTFIDave; 06-06-2012 at 08:52 PM.
    2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Yeah, I found that out too, when I tried to extend my xm from my last car. I just got a mailing from sirius wanting to lock me in once the 3 month trial ends. So far I have been using pandora so much, I have not used the sat radio. We will have to see what they offer me before I extend it. What kind if deals have people gotten after the trial ends??

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    We will have to see what they offer me before I extend it. What kind if deals have people gotten after the trial ends??
    They offered me 1 year for the price of six months. Told them they need to figure out how I can have xm and sirius, for a good price, like I did with two xm.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Member #
    Coming from Australia, home of the dish (NASA), i have a question (rhetorical of course).What is satellite radio and does the Evoque have a dish on it's roof with this option?Not sure if it's an option here. We have digital, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads