Park-Assist feature. Cool video

This is a discussion on Park-Assist feature. Cool video within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Not sure if the North American version is equipped with this. Definitely would come handy here in downtown Toronto where parking spaces are inches apart, ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Not sure if the North American version is equipped with this. Definitely would come handy here in downtown Toronto where parking spaces are inches apart, paired with those who definitely need a retest for their driver's license!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My North American Version did not come with park assist, nor blind spot monitoring, nor 10-way powered seats, just 6-way. I have the premium package which should have included everything practical except the magnetic shocks and rear entertainment. The Range Rover website only shows that visual differences change with the higher packages. It was disappointing to find out my car does not have what the online Evoque manual said it had before I bought it. I might be picky here, but for the price tag I had high expectations. I might have gone with the Cadillac SRX to also get remote start if it didn't have such tiny side view mirrors. The Evoque has better visibility due to those large mirrors, plus 20 inches shorter length to the back window.

AEC
    Member #
    I'm pretty sure that you can get the blind spot monitors here in the US. It was on the car that I test drove. It may only be available on the higher level models. The one I drove had the Dynamic package.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I wish the Range Rover website had explained that difference before I made my purchase, they could have made a bigger sale and I could have gotten the features I wanted. I wasn't going to spend more just on appearances, which is all they advertise as being the difference.

Member #
    So, this IS available in N.A? That's good to hear although if that's the case then they need to spend some time educating the sales staff better so situations like the above can be avoided.

Fixmdude, why don't you give them a call, see what they can do? If its software related (ie them adding / changing the system to accomodate the Park assist, although I highly doubt its software only), or hardware related (more likely in my opinion). Maybe you can work something out, get the dealer to cover labour and you will pay for the upgrade?

They might listen, you never know. I think you have an honest case.

Member #
    I already tried, I even asked if they could swap out the 6-way seats and put in the 10-way seats and the mechanic immediately said "can't be done". I don't really believe that, but he wasn't interested in trying. I asked my salesman what could be done about adding the blind spot monitors, he said he'd look into it and let me know, but never got back to me.

However, I did discover one thing that makes me like the car a little better now. At first I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the upgraded premium sound system. In playing with the settings, you can set the Surround Sound to Meridian, Dolby, 6-way, or Off. I didn't like any of the options so I tried Off, and just like that, the sound cleaned up and sounds great now! If you don't have a good quality sound system then an equalizer or virtualization software might make it sound better by fixing the problems with the sound. However, if you have a good quality system, and everything is properly balanced, making changes to it just messes up the pure sound. Try leaving the Surround setting off for a day and see how good the 17 speakers all around you actually sounds.

AEC
    Member #
    I think I may have figured out a little bit more about the Blind Spot Monitors. The car that I test drove was a coupe and it seems that the option is available on the coupe but not on the 5 door. When I placed the order for my Dynamic 5 door, they gave me a copy of their order sheet which lists what is included in each of the option packages. The Blind Spot Monitor is not listed anywhere on that sheet. Who knows, maybe they will add the option later? It's too bad as I would have liked to have on my vehicle.

Member #
    Very cool. The one I test drove had the warning for lane change, but I am not sure about park-assist.

Member #
    Just looking at the interior pictures on the build site and it shows the park assist button in the middle console just like the video. There is no place to add this option in the build. So, I don't know how you would ask for it to be included in a NA purchase.

Member #
    I talked to my dealer and they said they are in the works of upgrading to park-assit. They would replace the back up button with the park-assit one and have the dealer flash the CPU with new programs. When is the question? My wife really needs this...lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads