Loaner car when service is done....

This is a discussion on Loaner car when service is done.... within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I recently had the car in for warrantied service (my hood sensor was bad right out of the dealership when I bought the car). Since ...

Member #

I recently had the car in for warrantied service (my hood sensor was bad right out of the dealership when I bought the car). Since I didn't buy the car from the dealership I took it to for service, they would not offer me the valet service (where they pick up the car and drop it off at my house) that is offered to customers who did purchase at this dealership. I understand that. However, when they gave my wife a loaner to use for the two hours they worked on the car, they told her that she had to fill up the gas tank to the same level it was when they gave it to her. I was a little surprised by this. I realize that the price of the gas itself was negligible (one or two gallons at best) but I had never seen any dealership do this. I've had my 11 year old Nissan in and they loaned me a car and didn't say anything about gas. I was wondering if this was standard procedure for when they give out loaners. It seems to be a sort of nickel and dime tactic to me. Anyone else have this experience?
    2013 Evoque Coupe. Pure Plus. Fuji White. All Ebony Interior. Climate Comfort Pack. Pure Premium Pack. XM radio. Nuff Said.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    My dealer has a sticker on the window of the loaners that says "Please replace gas used" or something similar. I have put a few gallons in the loaners since it is usually a drop off on the way to work and pick-up that evening. If I were to drive it more, I would put more in. This is not because I'm some kind of boyscout, it is because I want to have a good relationship with my dealer and service department. My dealer uses both Evoques and LR2's as loaners, and I usually get the newest and nicest one available, even got to take the dealers RR Sport once. That $10 of gas buys alot more in relationship building. Its funny that the first time I bought the gas I gave the service rep the receipt and he thanked me, and replied that hardly anyone ever replaced gas in the loaners.

Member #

Loaner Policy

That's my experience with a loaner from the dealership I bought my Evoque from. They ask that you return it with the same amount of gas.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Well, then I guess that is a general policy then. All I can say is that I have never seen that at any other dealership. I have had loaner cars from Nissan, Dodge, and Acura and have never been asked to fill the tank nor have I ever seen a sign that said to do so. Thanks.
    2013 Evoque Coupe. Pure Plus. Fuji White. All Ebony Interior. Climate Comfort Pack. Pure Premium Pack. XM radio. Nuff Said.

Member #
    My dealer has never asked to refuel the loaner LR2, even after keeping it for 2 days.

Member #
    It is general policy at ALL dealerships.

Member #
    I had q255 done and first service as well. They had enterprise rent a car on site which I thought was strange. Gave me a new jaguar xf. Nice ride. I did have to fill to same amount of gas that I started with. Do any other dealers use a rental car company?

Ads