No Locking Gas Cap?

No Locking Gas Cap?

This is a discussion on No Locking Gas Cap? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I'm surprised to find that my Range Rover Evoque has no secure fuel filler access - no locking fuel door when the Evoque is locked ...

Member #

No Locking Gas Cap?

I'm surprised to find that my Range Rover Evoque has no secure fuel filler access - no locking fuel door when the Evoque is locked (Europe markets have this feature but not the U.S.) and no locking gas cap either through Land Rover or aftermarket suppliers such as Stant. These are $40K+ vehicles and Land Rover doesn't provide us with this basic feature? Has anyone found a solution to this?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    it's really no different than most other "premium brands" in North America (BMW for sure, Merc if I remember correctly, etc), and quite frankly isn't worth the hassle. All modern tanks have an anti-syphon feature in them... which means that you cannot get gas out of the tank through the filler... now if someone wants to ADD gas to my tank, I have absolutely no issue with that Yes, I understand that people worry about things like sugar in the gastank, but quite frankly, if someone is willing to funnel sugar into a tank to vandalize a car, then they would resort to a different form of vandalism if the tank were inaccessible.

I've also read numerous posts for a types of cars where the locking mechanism fails, and causes the owner to break into the gastank or to be stranded on the road... and the aftermarket filler caps with a keylock on them are just a complete PITA when you need to carry a separate key with you and fiddle with it in the snow/rain.

Ads