Calipers?

Calipers?

This is a discussion on Calipers? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Some may think this belongs in the maintenance section. I agree but it will never get read. Regardless, would anyone know where to get a ...

Thread: Calipers?

Member #

Calipers?

Some may think this belongs in the maintenance section. I agree but it will never get read. Regardless, would anyone know where to get a pair of front and rear brake calipers for the Evoques? They have Ford stamped on them but no numbers that appear to be part numbers are on them. I'd wager Land Rover can get them....for an arm and a leg?
    Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywagon View Post
    Some may think this belongs in the maintenance section. I agree but it will never get read. Regardless, would anyone know where to get a pair of front and rear brake calipers for the Evoques? They have Ford stamped on them but no numbers that appear to be part numbers are on them. I'd wager Land Rover can get them....for an arm and a leg?
    Thank you.
    Here is a link to a Land Rover dealer that sells over the Internet. I have dealt with them, and they have good prices and reasonable shipping charges.

Looks like the calipers are about $155.00 each.

May I ask why you are replacing the calipers on a relatively new vehicle?

2012 LAND ROVER RANGE ROVER EVOQUE Parts - Land Rover Parts Center - Call (800) 574-9217 for Genuine Land Rover Parts and Accessories

Member #
    I want to have the new ones powder coated. Undecided on color. Since that process can take a couple of days, at least at my shop, I simply can't afford to have the car down for that length of time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Just for the heck of it I googled Ford calipers. Of course there are numerous types. However, they were all in the $60-$100. range. Good grief?!

Member #
    If you search in Google can find so many calipers choose anything you want based on the price.

Member #
    Im getting mine painted red when I get my first maintenance done. Dealership quoted 2 hours labor.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by merlinhenry View Post
    If you search in Google can find so many calipers choose anything you want based on the price.
    You can't just randomly choose a caliper off google and bolt it up...

Ads