Creaking Brakes on Evoque

This is a discussion on Creaking Brakes on Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Since my Evoque was new, first miles, I've experienced a creaking sound coming from what appears to be the front brakes. The creaking (like a ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Since my Evoque was new, first miles, I've experienced a creaking sound coming from what appears to be the front brakes. The creaking (like a creaking door hinge) happens right before the vehicle stops and again happens briefly upon releasing the brakes to start moving. I first thought it was the pads and rotors bedding since they were new, but its now 1500 miles and the sound persists. Before I take it in to the dealership has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I've got 24000 on mine and 15000 on my wife's. They do the same thing. I've not had a chance to check it but a tech at a shop I use said it is the pads absorbing moisture....seriously.(?) Obviously, after a few stops and the pads warm up it stops? My brakes are OK as well.

Member #
    Moisture? I'm in New Orleans so the summer here is very humid. Yes when warmed up the creaking is less but never goes completely away. Otherwise my brakes works flawlessly with very good stopping power. Since both your Evoques display this (and mine in an extreme humid climate) it may just be a characteristic of the Evoque's brakes. Anyone else experience this?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    FWIW, I'm on the NC coast. Humidity always up here too.

Member #
    That's not encouraging because I'm 3 days into my pure plus model and experiencing the same thing (50 miles total). Possibly type of pad being used??!! I had bmw's mostly and one time I put after market brake pads and had awful time with screeching sounds. You would think though, coming from factory, would not be the case...

Member #
    Brought ours home on Friday and we have the same issue, been hot and humid the past couple of days, will see if its better tomorrow with cooler weather

Member #
    I'm getting the creaking only on brake realease. I think the warmer they get the more the sound is reduced. High performance pads? I sure dunno!

Member #
    You're absolutely right, as I drive more and more, creaking sound occurring on release. Still shouldn't be though, not on high end vehicle...truck or no truck!

Member #
    I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm very light on my feet so-to-speak when it comes to braking so I was beginning to wonder if I was experiencing the issue from applying the brakes too lightly or from releasing them too slowly as I start to accelerate. I'm curious to see if someone gets a response from Land Rover on this. I was holding off on getting mine checked out until the first scheduled service appointment but I'm hoping I'm not doing harm to the brake system by delaying the repair.
    Last edited by EVQ00; 09-02-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Member #
    I've got 24K miles on mine, still creaking, brakes just professionally checked and good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads