Technical Things I love about the Evoque

This is a discussion on Technical Things I love about the Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Not including looks and coolness, which would be on everyone's list if you already bought one, what technical things do you love about this car? ...

Member #

Not including looks and coolness, which would be on everyone's list if you already bought one, what technical things do you love about this car?

What I just found out today that I love about the Evoque, since it Finally snowed here, is the Snow Mode!
    It puts a diagram of the car on the dash LCD display and shows as you turn the wheels, and the tires that are receiving power at the time light up.
    It appears to move power to the front during turns so you don't spin out. The snow mode acceleration is very controlled and smooth, in normal mode it feels slow at first and then if I push the pedal further the turbo kicks in and it surges forward, not smooth acceleration from a stop. Snow mode has smooth acceleration and smoother braking too. I didn't like the braking in normal mode either because the electronic assist made it more difficult to find the right amount of brake force, it was either not enough or too much and then the car stopped too suddenly, like the acceleration, both jerky. I might just keep it in Snow Mode all the time, it finally drives like a $50k effortless luxury vehicle now without trying to play a video game with the controls!
    Last edited by fixmdude; 01-13-2012 at 07:41 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    RIGHT ON THE SPOT!
    I feel the same way about the NORMAL mode, as LUCKLY we have not experienced any snow in NYC.
    On my side, the best things are:
    The MEMORY feature for the driver position;
    The Stereo system performance;
    The location of all buttons in the sterring wheel, very ergometric!
    The trunk auto OPEN and push button to CLOSE, excelent!

The 50K vehicle is a bit TOO expensive for its bahaviors with BREAK PEDALS and ACCELARATION, but still LOVE my EVOQUE.

Thanks for posting.
    brazeagle

Ads