Silly question- Accessory mode?

This is a discussion on Silly question- Accessory mode? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; When we had a cookout for my wife's birthday, I intended to use my phone (for Pandora) and the excellent stereo in the Evoque for ...

Member #

When we had a cookout for my wife's birthday, I intended to use my phone (for Pandora) and the excellent stereo in the Evoque for some music. Problem is it would keep shutting down after only a few minutes...

I assume this is a protective function to keep you from inadvertently killing the battery, but enough with the nannies! Is there a way to turn on and leave on an accessory mode??

/r

Allen

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Yes, start the car and keep it running.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinmogs30 View Post
    Yes, start the car and keep it running.
    True, that's one solution I guess but not quite accessory mode! I suspect Al Gore wouldn't approve...

/r

Allen

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    The "accessory mode" is pretty lame in the Evoque. It is just what you've discovered, that you press start without touching the brake. It gives you about 2 minutes of time before shut down to protect the battery. I think there are earlier threads on this, but no- there is no long-term battery use unless the car is running. Bummer.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    I get 10 minutes. Often times when I get to the parking lot at work and do not want to go in yet I turn off the engine and listen to the radio a little while longer while they finish the news segment of the morning show. I was sitting at the school the other day waiting for my daughter to finish her after school activity, noted the time I started and when the acc mode shut off, almost exactly 10 minutes. I believe I read something about it in the owners manual. I think it said something about the infotainment system takes a lot of power and the function is to protect the battery. Have you ever listened to your car after shut it off. If you sit there for a couple of minutes, you can hear several systems doing things, buzzing and clicking. The electrical system maintains an auxiliary power supply system charged so that if you do loose battery power the transmission selector switch will still work with the car shut off.

Rob

Ads