What You Like About Your Evoque

This is a discussion on What You Like About Your Evoque within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I find it interesting that there is actually a thread that is dedicated to what people "hate" about their cars, and that many of the ...

Member #

I find it interesting that there is actually a thread that is dedicated to what people "hate" about their cars, and that many of the other threads generally digress to bad experiences with this that and the other. The only person I have seen on here recently that is excited about his/her Evoque is Skywagon and his discussion about performance upgrades. Good on you Skywagon!! Maybe I am just missing these type of posts, or maybe the people that own this type of auto expect quite a bit from Land Rover, and the Evoque just doesn't quite deliver? There are some threads of people customizing the look of their Evoque, but I have not seen one of those for a while.

Point is, this is my most favorite car I have owned. It is not the fastest, best handling (2011 Camaro takes that prize), it is overall my favorite daily driver I have had. In no particular order, I have listed a few cool things about the Evoque that make me smile every time I drive it. Haven't been disappointed at all, and I expect that it is only get better as I get a chance to take it other places. I haven't had much of a chance to try out the out the 4 wheel drive (AWD) capabilities. The trails I have been on were on the mild side. I cant wait for a good snow either.

1. The stock 325 Watt infotainment system is pretty impressive. I usually changed out stock speakers of many other cars I have owned.
    2. The paddle shifting experience is better than any other slush box I used in the past (not considering automatics that are of the duel clutch variety). Shifts are quick and responsive for a shiftable automatic.
    3. I have had the car for a year and half, and it still turns heads. Not a week has gone by that I have not received at least 1 comment about it (at the gas station, in the work parking lot, at a stop light).
    4. Not to many of them on the road, making it somewhat unique/exclusive. One of the reasons I wanted to trade my Camaro was that you could not turn your head with out seeing 2 or three of them.
    5. It seems as though I never have to wipe down the inside of the car. I have only wiped out the inside 2-3 times since I got it in April 2012. There is never any dust in the car?
    6. Although it is only a 2.0L, it will still surprise people at a stop light.

Is there anything you like about your Evoque? Have you taken it anywhere adventurous? Got pictures?

Rob

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The looks. The coupe is very unique. Get asked about the car all the time. It is small coupe that you don't ordinarily find in a suv. To be honest when I was looking for a small luxury suv, I was shocked by the pictures that it was a range rover! It is the only thing that I would consider that land rover makes because all the rest look like big boxes. Sorry big land rover fans but I like cute, small cars. Lol

Member #
    I am impressed that after one year, I have not had one issue with the car that would require me to see the dealer. Not even a rattle or squeak.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Just got a new iPhone. Simple to pair via Bluetooth with the Evoque. Something else I noted was I changed my ringtone and now when my phone rings when it is in the car, the music stops and I hear "Hello Operator" from the White Stripes. I did not know that it will utilize your ring tone. I thought the car just produced a ring itself. The first time it happened, I thought the song was next in my playlist. Made me chuckle.

Wife got a new iPhone too, and both our numbers changed. In fact we had the entire family's phone numbers changed to something local. I did have to turn the bluetooth off on the phone once and then back on and reconnect for all the numbers to update. The wife and kids numbers showed up as their old numbers until I did this.

Rob

Member #
    I love my stereo system. All those speakers and sub.

Ads