Would you do it again?

Would you do it again?

This is a discussion on Would you do it again? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am close to buying an Evoque. Love the look, the MPG, and the size. Nervous about reliability (especially from some of the posts and ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #

Would you do it again?

I am close to buying an Evoque. Love the look, the MPG, and the size. Nervous about reliability (especially from some of the posts and LR history/reputation) and electrical problems, and really would have liked a remote start on my next vehicle- sounds like that won't happen with the Evoque. The windscreen glare concerns me too. I am considering the Audi Q5 and the Volvo XC60 as alternatives. Neither are as exciting, but I plan on using this car for many miles (25K per yr) in the cold upper midwest. Thoughts from those who already walked through the door? Thanks!!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    I am close to buying an Evoque. Love the look, the MPG, and the size. Nervous about reliability (especially from some of the posts and LR history/reputation) and electrical problems, and really would have liked a remote start on my next vehicle- sounds like that won't happen with the Evoque. The windscreen glare concerns me too. I am considering the Audi Q5 and the Volvo XC60 as alternatives. Neither are as exciting, but I plan on using this car for many miles (25K per yr) in the cold upper midwest. Thoughts from those who already walked through the door? Thanks!!!
    I am in the same boat here. Test drove Q5 2.0, XC60R-design and Evoque. Really like the style and MPG of Evoque but not sure about its relibility. However I am not in a hurry to make a decision yet since I still have extended warranty on my 07 Volvo S40. Let us know your decision.

Member #
    I will! I currently have a '06 Acura TL with 160K miles- never had a problem, and had it since new. But I'm feeling the "itch" and want something a bit bigger. Evoque would be the cure for the itch, assuming the reliability is not a headache. Still looking for responses from Evoque owners! Thanks.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Absolutely would buy the Evoque again knowing what I know now (currently at 10,000km).

Audi is dead boring, and the Volvo although nice especially in R-design trim, just isnt up to the fun factor and looks of the Evoque.

Fuel economy is good, no issues after 10,000kms...hasn't been back to dealer for anything...not an interior squeak or rattle at all, fantastic stereo, excellent in snow ( and I'm talking real Canadian snow) and its offroad capability is really something the others don't even come close (I use the Evoque to get in to my 4wd only access fishing camp)

And if you dont need it for snow and/or offroading, it is still the sexiest city cruiser on the market today.

Mine will make it way from Canada to Florida starting its trek tomorrow.... we will see how it handles beach sand and see how the air con works in the sunny south.

paul
    Last edited by CanadianEvoque; 01-17-2012 at 09:50 PM.

Member #

Member #
    I thought about this purchase pretty carefully, and the Evoque would still be the best choice for my needs which are essentially a car that does everything reasonably well. I realized how much I liked it, despite its quirks, after spending an hour or so on a steep dirt road running through all the off road settings, and then racing it down the paved section like a sports car with the paddle shifters. It handles those two extremes pretty darn well. After, I took a client out who sells new BMW's and she was blown away by the Evoque's interior. Of the current cars on the market in that price range, I would choose the Evoque again.

Member #
    This is a difficult question to answer because there is no perfect car at this time. I wish it were better in some areas but I can't give you a better choice in all areas, just trade-offs. The Cadillac SRX has remote start, which I needed today when I left work and it was 5 degrees F. The small 2.0 engine, while great when its warm, struggled to start, warm up, and move the car at first compared to the 4.3 L I had in my 2000 Bravada I sold. However, the Evoque has better mileage, better visibility than the SRX, and the Snow Mode is just incredible. I drove to work on sheer ice and didn't realize it until everyone at work asked me how my drive was because it was so scary for them, and I just said, "Fine, why?" When it comes down to it, that's most important to me. So, while I would like to replace it with something better, that can't happen until a future Evoque model comes out with improvements.
    One thing to note before you buy, because it wasn't explained on the RR website, check out the seats in the Prestige/Dynamic compared to the Pure. The Pure has a 6 way driver seat and the higher end models might have an 8 or 10 way according to the RR manual. If you're tall you might find that the Pure seat doesn't go where you'd like it to. My shorter friends who've tried the car don't have a problem with it.

Member #
    Thanks for everyone's reply. I have decided to take the plunge on a white prestige with the tan/ivory interior, climate package. Ordering it in the AM. Excited!!! I know there are some drawbacks, but this is the only car out there that gets my blood going. Yippee!!!

Scott

Member #
    Wife and I ordered our Evoque today. We did the orkney grey w/ black top in dynamic. Red/black interior, and all options. Can't wait until it gets here.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Evocurious View Post
    Thanks for everyone's reply. I have decided to take the plunge on a white prestige with the tan/ivory interior, climate package. Ordering it in the AM. Excited!!! I know there are some drawbacks, but this is the only car out there that gets my blood going. Yippee!!!

Scott

good job!

.... you are going to love it...thats guaranteed

paul

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads