Coolant low - what to do?

This is a discussion on Coolant low - what to do? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Yesterday while starting my 2013 evoque the low coolant light came on. My vehicle is 7 months old with less than 3200. I went to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dieselkid

Thread: Coolant low - what to do?

Member #

Yesterday while starting my 2013 evoque the low coolant light came on. My vehicle is 7 months old with less than 3200. I went to get Texaco TLC 50/50 but I didnt see any of them except one that has Dex-cool. I heard from others that it's not a good idea to put Dex-cool into the evoque. I also read that Texaco no longer makes coolant. I wonder what type of cool you put in your evoque without having to flush out the system. If you have a brand name I will appreciated. While I wait I will take my vehicle for service tomorrow.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I had the same issue at 2500 and 5600 miles. The dealer kept topping it off a couple times until they realized there was a small leak. I would suggest you have them look at it, as it seems to be common for one of the hoses to cause the leak. Not sure if there is a service advisory for it, but other members have had the same problem.
    Evo_D likes this.

Member #
    Yes i got that too around 9000 miles. Just came back from 10 k mile service and I addressed this issue and they did fill it up...

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I had mine serviced recently and a few weeks after the first year service, the coolant warning light came on. I had to being back to dealer to top off. No explanation as to why this was not checked at service or why so much coolant was consumed in a few days if they in fact had topped off. I saw older post here about coolant issues. I'll keep up with problem.

Member #
    My car had the same problem at about 3500 miles only on cold starts. The light would go off after about 5-10 minutes of driving.

Took it the dealer, pressure check was normal. There was a service advisory out on this problem, related to coolant leaking through a core plug at the cylinder head. It apparently is commonly installed incorrectly at the factory without an adhesive sealant and torqued to the wrong specifications. Since coolant is leaking into the engine, you'll never see a puddle under your car as its being burned in the combustion chamber. It may also not be detected on a standard pressure check of the radiator and hoses.

Repair took a few hours (I had a loaner) and it required an oil change. Everything was covered under factory warranty.
    Last edited by aus1ander; 12-11-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Ads