What would you like to see on the 2013 Evoque?

This is a discussion on What would you like to see on the 2013 Evoque? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Now that we've had sometime with the Evoque, would additional features & improvements would you like to see on the 2013 Range Rover Evoque?...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: What would you like to see on the 2013 Evoque?

Member #

Now that we've had sometime with the Evoque, would additional features & improvements would you like to see on the 2013 Range Rover Evoque?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    OH This is EASY!!
    #1 Dynamic Suspension (MagneRide) to be added as an option for the Prestige line. BY FAR THE MOST WANTED
    #2 for LR to push the Dual view screen issue in order to add the tech. to the 2013 model
    #3 for the LR engineers to add a *TOP VIEW* to the camera modes like BMW or Audi's. for thouse unfamiliar with this... It basically stitches all the cameras together in a way where it looks like there is a camera about 10 feet above your vehicle... not only is it super convienient but also trips everyone out... they say.. where the hell is that camera at... I say it not a camera its a dedicated sat link provided by BMW!!! BLOWS THEIR MIND! hahahahahahh then I tell them the truth and say I cant believe you believed that! hahah
    #4 Bigger Screen! I would like to split the screen by three... one for basic audio data (track, album art, etc) one for Nav, one for the onboard info like MPG, Miles to E etc.. nothing too huge but big enough that I can glance over and see basic information for everything. If I need nav to be bigger and audio to be smaller then nav would take up two-thirds etc...
    #5 a sensor that scans 3 ft out from the front and rear bumper on demand and returns with the angle of whatever you are about to approach to see if you can climb it or not.
    #6 a sensor that on demand can scans the depth of water you are in so you can keep track of how deep it is and if its getting deeper.
    sisu, walnut186 and Motorheadjeff like this.

Member #
    1. Remote Start, and one which can be programmed to automatically set the heated seats, steering wheel, defroster, etc when its cold out and the air conditioning when its hot out like other vehicles can.
    2. Blind spot monitoring, and I don't just mean on the 2 door, but actually as an option on the model that is most sold!
    3. Auto adjusting cruise control as you approach traffic, as found on many luxury vehicles.
    4. Cross-traffic detection and collision avoidance, as available on Lincoln and Lexus.
    5. Adjustable pedals, available on many vehicles.
    6. A seat bottom that pivots so you can raise the bottom front up higher than the bottom back as has been availble on GM SUVs for over a decade.
    7. A rear backup camera that actually turns on before you've finished backing up and have already shifted into drive again.
    8. A navigation system that doesn't require playing Where's Waldo with finding the right thing to push on 15 different screens to get it to go where you are trying to go.
    9. A navigation system that tells you the name of the street or exit you are heading for, and it's distance, right away instead of waiting until you are almost past it to reveal the name of the street you're turning on next and where it is. There is one half screen that will tell you distance to your next turn but it automatically goes away by itself and sets itself back to telling you the name of every exit you are about to approach over the next 50 miles as if you care about all of the exits you won't be taking instead of the one that you are.
    10. A navigation system like Garmin which uses the proper names of streets, or which brings up the abbreviations for you so that it doesn't pretend that it can't find Hilly Hills Lane just because It uses Hilly Hls Lane to abbreviate Hills, sometimes, and it doesn't even know that it uses abreviations so the street you want can never be located with no hint as to why.
    11. A navigation system that updates the screen more than every 5 seconds so that you can see which street to turn on rather than turning too early or too late because where you are jumps on the map a couple streets at a time.
    12. A navigation system that clearly shows where you are verses where you should turn, not using one blue dot on half the screen to show where you are and the exact same blue dot on the other map/half of the screen to show where to turn, so that at any point in time you can glance at the map and not know if you are seeing where you will be turning later or if it's showing that you are already there now and should turn here in the wrong place. Just license Garmin to build the damn thing!
    13. A floor in front of the pedals which is flat instead of slanted so your heal doesn't slide forward with gravity while driving, and so you can rest your foot on even ground while using cruise.
    14. A gas pedal that gives you medium accelleration when you push it half way down, rather that going from "slow", to "slower" after depressing further, to "lurching" forward, with an odd stall point in between slow and lurching. How about a normal medium amount of accelleration that one might want for turning into traffic?
    15. A brake pedal that just lets you determine how much force you want to use to stop the car. The variable electronic assistance that tries to guess how fast I want to stop makes it difficult to try to stop at a normal pace. Again it goes from not enough braking, to no change when you try to push it futher, to Stopping Right Now and everyone lurches forward when the car decides to stop on a dime because you had to push the pedal hard to stop at all.
    16. A seat for tall people that lets you back it up and raise it up at the same time, not have to choose between back and too low, or up and too forward.
    17. More room to store stuff, it has a huge center console that boxes you in and no real way to use that area, it's mostly just wasted space taken up with lots of plastic and metal to box you in.
    18. A seat with a wider center, so that the side bolsters don't dig into the thighs of average-sized people.
    19. Rubber floor mats. You pay $50,000 for a car and then have to spend another $200 before they will give you rubber floor mats? Floor mats cost $25 everywhere else.
    20. A Repeat function on the stereo which actually remembers that you pushed it, rather than making you repeat the process of getting to that screen and pushing the repeat button again every time you start the car.
    21. A radio station auto-find and auto preset programming for any area you are in, so you don't have to fiddle with the screens and settings while driving as you go from area to area, again this was found in car stereos over a decade ago, like the 2000 I sold to get this Evoque.

Some things this car has are nice, but it's disappointing to "upgrade" and lose things that you've always had before, while not gaining things that many other luxury cars offer.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I would like to see a longer vehicle (say 6"-8") with a beneath storage area aft of the spare tire.

I'm not wild about the popup shift selector.

Member #
    @fixmdude: Damn! Tell me how you really feel about it!!! Hahaha Very good point though, I'm waiting for the 2013 model for the reasons I posted and most of yours as well and coming from a BMW X5 where all the details are refined like most of your points I would definitely be upset at feeling left out in he cold after paying so much. @starflyr: That model will be coming out around 2014 as a 2015 model and be base priced around 54 with possible third row..that's what I remember reading anyways

Member #
    Great POST...
    pretty much the same as my own observations:
    1 - would be nice.
    7 trhu 17 - A MUST, no question about it! specially the rear back up camera...TOO SLOW IN CONNCTING, and in my car, sometimes it does not even connect (black screen) back to P and R and works again!
    19- they should have offered that (spent 156 USD for a set of custom rubber mats)

THEY ARE ALL A MUST! and it dissapointed me with a 54.800 US Dollar car.
    Thank you
    braztang

Member #
    Rear air vents that arent stuck on AC year round

Faster nav software speeds

Camera that arent useless (other than rear)

Sensor distances on screen

Nav traffic on screen (who knows why its telling me to change paths)

MORE ROOM IN THE GATE AREA! My mother is in a wheelchair and I got a bigger car to make it easier for me to take her out. Oddly enough the rear is smaller than my trunk of my civic coupe!

Member #
    A stock stereo that plays 24 bit wave files. The Meridian amp and speakers rock, but feeding it MP3's and Satellite is like putting Kerosene in the gas tank.

Member #
    When you have the virtual CD changer it records directly from the disc retaining the WAV file with no loss in information.. Either way you will never get 24 bit out of CD's only DVD's.. Key here would be to first of all obtain the 24 bit files of the songs you like not finding a radio to play them

Member #
    HD Tracks https://www.hdtracks.com/ has plenty if 24/96 and 24/192 downloads which I used to listen to in my last car. At 64kbs, satellite sucks, at 256 kbs MP3's are slightly better so CD's are the best option in the stock stereo. Guessing the upgraded stereo may play 24 bit files as it has a DVD player but mine won't.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads