Controlling New Garage Door Openers with Evoque Homelink

This is a discussion on Controlling New Garage Door Openers with Evoque Homelink within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello All, I just purchased an Evoque and had issues with getting the Homelink to communicate with my new Chamberlain garage door opener. As it ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hello All, I just purchased an Evoque and had issues with getting the Homelink to communicate with my new Chamberlain garage door opener. As it turns out, a Homelink repeater was needed to get things working. I already had the repeater as I own some older cars with the Homelink feature. Three weeks ago we purchased a 2013 Ford Explorer for my wife and the repeater was not needed as the new Ford models emit the new codes. It looks like the Evoque still emits the old codes:-( I fiddled with things for 30 minutes before trying the Evoque with the repeater and then it worked. I made a bad assumption that a new car would have the new codes!

I got the repeater from Homelink for $0 plus shipping as I also own a 2008 Toyota Avalon.... wink wink... Some manufacturers reimburse Homelink for the $50 repeater and some do not. I'm not sure if Land Rover does.

Anyone else have similar issues with your Evoque and a newer garage door opener?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Im having issues syncing my garage door opener myself. I am going to try the 2nd option as stated in the owners manual by having someone press the default button on the back of the garage door opener system. Then try to sync from there. Not familiar with the Repeater you are talking about though. I would like to know if ANYONE else has been successful at syncing the door opener themself?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HH60M View Post
    Im having issues syncing my garage door opener myself. I am going to try the 2nd option as stated in the owners manual by having someone press the default button on the back of the garage door opener system. Then try to sync from there. Not familiar with the Repeater you are talking about though. I would like to know if ANYONE else has been successful at syncing the door opener themself?
    I've been having the same issues myself. Haven't tried the 2nd option yet though.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    If you can't get past the first section in the manual where you hold the original garage door remote close to the rearview mirror and hold down the homelink button and the remote button at the same time, chances are that you need a repeater. I believe the manual lists the homelink toll-free phone number and there is a prompt for purchasing a repeater. Once the repeater is installed, pressing the homelink button on the mirror and the remote at the same time produced instant (flash blinking) success.

Member #
    I hit the learn button on the actual opener in the garage & quickly hit the button on the mirror and it worked first time.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Anyone purchase the repeater? How much?

Member #
    Hey Rovingvic, what is the make and model of your garage door opener?

Member #
    It is an 11 year old Craftsman, 3/4 horse. I don't have the model number with me. I was surprised it ha a learn button!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Yeah, that may explain why you did not need a repeater. I believe that about two years ago the FCC required that the codes be changed on garage door openers. When we replaced ours about six months ago, my 2004 Pacifica and my 2009 Mini both required the repeater. Now my wife's 2013 Explorer does not yet my 2013 Evoque does. Even though one may have a late model car, there are still some manufacturers that have not programed the new codes into their HomeLink system it appears the LR is one that is behind on this. The cost for the repeater is $50 plus S&H.

Member #
    I just had a Chamberlain WD832KEV 1/2 HP belt-drive opener installed today and encountered the same Homelink problem. The opener works well with the manual remote even from a distance, but my Evoque would not program. I kept getting the slow blinking light and it never moved to a fast blinking mode. Very frustrating that two relatively new purchases would not work together. Does anyone know if RR has plans to upgrade the Homelink code in existing cars? The repeater option sounds workable but I would much rather not have another device to worry about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads