Donít Run Out of GAS!!!

Donít Run Out of GAS!!!

This is a discussion on Donít Run Out of GAS!!! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Yeah, embarrassing…it happened to me my first month of having my new car. I was “testing” how far a tank of gas can go. After ...

Member #

Donít Run Out of GAS!!!

Yeah, embarrassing…it happened to me my first month of having my new car. I was “testing” how far a tank of gas can go. After reading the forums and the Owner’s Manual, I was confident enough in knowing that I had 3 gallons reserve AFTER I approach 0 miles left on my reading. So, I assumed at the roughly ~23 mpg that I’ve been getting, I could stretch at the most 70 miles. At 30 miles, I ran out! Ironically, I was heading to the gas station in the next 10 miles anyway. Good thing a buddy was a phone call away.

So, what did I learn???? When the gas reserve light comes on, THAT is when your 3 gallons starts to burn. Sure enough, the next time around when I approached empty at the 40 mile mark, the light came on. That 40 plus the 30 I ran past the 0 mile mark at empty equates to the 3 gallons (70 I estimated at earlier). Lesson learned!
    Last edited by HH60M; 11-29-2013 at 01:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    You out-thought the designers - they built in a good safety margin and you STILL went beyond it!

Ads