Evoque Rear Brakes: Wore out at 25,000 KM???!!!

This is a discussion on Evoque Rear Brakes: Wore out at 25,000 KM???!!! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all, I have been enjoying the Evoque for the past year and a bit and I am puzzled by the rear brake wear. When ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hi all,

I have been enjoying the Evoque for the past year and a bit and I am puzzled by the rear brake wear. When I switched over to winter tires, my mechanic said that the rears had less than 20% left (I'm guessing less than 5mm), while the fronts are at 80%.

The rear brakes squeak now every time I brake (had this problem since the beginning ) but my car doesn't fall under the recall as it was built exactly one month later.

I'm wondering what is causing this immense inbalance in brake wear and if it is normal. Would I have any recourse with JLR North American in maybe compensating me for the rear brake service as I have never had a car that has needed new pads at 25,000 or even 60,000 KM.

I am going to have it inspected tomorrow at the dealer along with the misfire recall.

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Ultran00b what did the dealer say about the rear brake wear? I agree, I've never had the rear pads wear out before the front pads!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Get a second opinion from other than LR dealer.... The same scam was proposed to me ...with a estimate of 995$ CDN! ...rotors not included ! Took it to my friendly neighborhood shop, took my rear brakes off and measured them against a new set of pads.... My supposedly warned out to less than 15% of life expentancy ended up being a full 80 % good !

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Agreed. Get a second opinion. I have not been impressed with LR dealer integrity. Something's amiss- I have over 30% left on both front and back with 50,000 miles.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    My wife's 2012 Evoque was in the shop having the USB controller replaced today under warranty, and they offered to inspect the car and give it a wash for free. The service manager told me the rear brakes were down to 4mm pad thickness, and when I asked him what the original pad depth was, he told me 10mm. I politely declined to allow them to touch the brakes, but I'm a bit concerned that the rears are wearing so fast. My Mercedes GLK350 has 108,000 miles on it and the rear pads still have plenty of pad left. I've never heard of rear brakes wearing out so fast. I'll keep an eye on it and if they wear down to 2mm, I'll just put new pads on myself.

Member #
    I have 32k on a 2012 Evoque and my rear brakes are gone. I'd reconsider disbelieving what the dealer tells you. New EBC aftermarket pads front and back are around $200.00 for all four wheels. Take the wheel off and look yourselves, before you trust what you read on here. I'll be changing out mine this weekend and will post some pics.
    Last edited by Dogscout; 04-17-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Member #
    Just replaced both front and rear brakes-56k miles. Fronts were at 5%, rear slightly more.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    Evocurious did you go back with stock pads or aftermarket?
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Name:  photo[1].JPG
Views: 2931
Size:  1.49 MB

Here is what mine look like at just under 32,000 miles. The green one is new EBC brand, the black is OEM. Were they worn out, no. Was it time to replace them, yes.

I may do the fronts tomorrow if they need it.

BTW do not do this your self unless you understand that the electric parking brake will ruin your day. I had the caliper off and all of a sudden is starts making noise and the parking brake pushed the piston out of the caliper. That turned into a job of removing the caliper, reseting the piston, bench bleeding the caliper, mounting it back on the vehicle, more bleeding, I'm bleeding, refit everything else, go to drive around and the Parking brake needs calibrated, call to dealer to make appointment, lots of nasty words, take a break, get a shower, go back and look and take her for a drive and all is well the parking brake calibration worked.

End of the day and I wash my dirty garage clothes and find my fancy electronic key in the washer after the heavy duty cycle. AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.

Member #
    Sounds like a day I had that end up like...
    Name:  2014-04-10 09.23.13.jpg
Views: 3922
Size:  1,021.5 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads