Brake Dust

Brake Dust

This is a discussion on Brake Dust within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Seems like my brakes accumulates a lot of dust. I only have 3k miles on it thinking the accumulation will lesson, but that has yet ...

Thread: Brake Dust

Member #

Brake Dust

Seems like my brakes accumulates a lot of dust. I only have 3k miles on it thinking the accumulation will lesson, but that has yet to happen (especially on the inner side of the rim). The squeaks have pretty much gone away after I bought it. These factory silver rims are a pain to keep clean. Is everyone else the same way?
    Last edited by HH60M; 12-23-2013 at 04:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have never been happy regarding the brake dust on the silver rims and will look for ceramic pads when its comes time. Keeping these rims clean could be a full time job.

Member #
    The Evoque's semi-mettallic brake pads are the source of the large amount of brake dust. Nothing to worry about. Its an indication that your pads are working well. Ceramic pads are a big help for cleaner looking rims, the result of using them giving off a different kind of dust that is light colored and doesn't have the same tendency to stick to the rims. I've found that the semi-mettalic pads on my Evoque are noisy giving me a creaking sound just before coming to a stop and when releasing the brake pedal (dealer's explanation for the noise.) On the plus side these semi-metallic pads have great stopping power.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    The dust never stops. I swtched to ceramics on an LR2 which definitely reduced the dust, but the pads felt very different from the stock pads, less sensitivity.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Anyone painted their calipers yet? Im thinking of doing so at my first service. Hopefully having red calipers will offset the dust look! lol. My luck the calipers will get very dusty to and I will regret paying the money for that mod.

Ads