CD issues

CD issues

This is a discussion on CD issues within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Just bought a 2013 Evoque for my wife and still can't figure out the CD player 1. Does this player physically hold 10 CD's i.e. ...

Thread: CD issues

Member #

CD issues

Just bought a 2013 Evoque for my wife and still can't figure out the CD player 1. Does this player physically hold 10 CD's i.e. like with an elevator mech. Or is is a single unit which burns up to 10 on an internal hardrive ?2. If it does, what's the sequence to load more than one? 3. If it copies to a hardrive, why does it take so long? The manual is not clear on the CD loading, does anyone agree? Any insight would be appreciated Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Yeah, it copies to a HD. As I recall, when you stick in the CD, on the right side of the screen, somewhere, it asks if you want to copy it. You can use it as a single CD player as well. The 2013 is apparently much faster than the earlier models at copying.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by fujijoe View Post
    Just bought a 2013 Evoque for my wife and still can't figure out the CD player 1. Does this player physically hold 10 CD's i.e. like with an elevator mech. Or is is a single unit which burns up to 10 on an internal hardrive ?2. If it does, what's the sequence to load more than one? 3. If it copies to a hardrive, why does it take so long? The manual is not clear on the CD loading, does anyone agree? Any insight would be appreciated Thanks
    I had the same issue, but gathered my balls and went to the delear to inquire thinking that they might think am stupid! The funny part is that at first they had no idea how it worked, then decided to go through the manual and another guy came to help from the service department haha! Anyways to your point:
    1- the CD player uploads/copies any CD of you choice to the 10 predetermined slots on the hard drive. You can delete a slot and put a new CD on it any time.
    2- You have to load the CD in and go to CD Changer option ( music +) and you will see an option to upload on your right hand side. Once you press it will show you the available slots and you choose. Then the fun part begins!
    3- It takes forever!!!!! And you have to it one CD at a time, so if your planning to load all 10 slots at once you better have an afternoon off haha! You can load a CD and listen to the radio/ipod but you can not listen to the actual CD your copying from!

My only thing with this system is that i noticed that it picks and chooses which CDs to upload and what not!? Not sure why? Because i have a CD that i did myself and it wouldn't upload it not sure if someone can shed some light on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA86 View Post
    Because i have a CD that i did myself and it wouldn't upload it not sure if someone can shed some light on this

It was likely in an unacceptable format.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    It was likely in an unacceptable format.
    Interesting, because if i am correct its mp3 formate, so does that mean its not supported? Because it will play it but it wouldn't upload it!

Member #
    Is the mentioned 10 CD recording feature only available on the upscale 825W audio system? I can't find this feature on my Pure Plus Coupe with the 380W audio system.

Member #
    Cd changer comes with nav as well if am correct?! In Canada i think you have to have pure premium?! Some one corrects me if am wrong

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by AAA86 View Post
    Interesting, because if i am correct its mp3 formate, so does that mean its not supported? Because it will play it but it wouldn't upload it!

BTW, if I am not mistaken, that info is in your manual.

Ads