2014 US market Evoque Prestige arrived: report

This is a discussion on 2014 US market Evoque Prestige arrived: report within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I just picked up my 2014 Evoque 4-door Prestige with Adaptive Cruise yesterday! Here's my initial observations: When I ordered in mid-October, the only non-cosmetic ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2014 US market Evoque Prestige arrived: report

Member #

I just picked up my 2014 Evoque 4-door Prestige with Adaptive Cruise yesterday! Here's my initial observations:

When I ordered in mid-October, the only non-cosmetic option available on the Prestige was Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

Drove home in 2 deg F ridiculously-cold evening on frozen slippery roads. Took full advantage of heated seats and steering wheel. Impressed with snow/ice terrain response mode.

No trace of park exit or perpendicular park. This in spite of park exit explicitly listed on the window sticker and the hard button on the dash showing entry and exit arrows. Perpendicular Park had been rumored early on, but apparently was dropped, at least for the US market (Anybody get perpendicular park on their Evoques elsewhere?). Hoping/assuming there'll be a software update to add at least the park exit feature. Doubt they'll be able to get away with exclusion of a stated feature.

Can't find a way to use Siri on my iPhone other than touching the home button on the phone itself. Anyone know any tricks for this? Also hoping there'll be a SW update for this given Jaguar/Land Rover's stated workings with Apple.

Briefly played with Adaptive Cruise today on a dry stretch of highway. I think I'm going to like it a lot.

Nav system: couldn't figure out how to enter a restaurant by name. Is there any way to do this? I also suspect it doesn't know about a major highway reroute completed in Nov 2010. I'll report on this later.

That's it for now. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

-- Paul

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Name:  IMG_3493.JPG
Views: 3292
Size:  1.00 MBName:  IMG_3492.JPG
Views: 1412
Size:  1.09 MBName:  IMG_0379.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  829.7 KB

Member #
    Above are my pics. As you can guess, I'm enjoying the heated steering wheel. Notice the black grill, which may not be standard for the Prestige but might be because of the Adaptive Cruise option. The white-balance of the pic is off, but it's an Ambiance (ivory/espresso) interior.

I stopped by the dealer and mentioned the lack of park exit assist in spite of it being listed on the window sticker and also the user manual. They agreed it should be there and tried with no success to activate it. They're investigating further. According to the manual, each press of the Park Assist button should take you to another park assist mode, but it only toggles assist on and off. They told me mine is the first and only 2014 Evoque they've had so far and haven't even had training for it yet.

I also haven't seen the Active Driveline feature drop into 2WD mode, at least according to the 4x4 info screen, when cruising down the highway with terrain response in Normal mode.

-- Paul

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Congratulations! If driving is as slippery as your pictures indicate, the computer will probably keep it in all wheel drive!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Thanks for sharing! if you are still in a picture taking mood, I'd be interested in shots of the front heated windshield to figure out how visible (or not) the heating filament network is during daylight.

Member #
    You see the filaments if you focus on the filaments. The heated windshield hasn't been an issue for me at all! Never mentioned by passengers either. I have seen other posts regarding night driving & oncoming headlights. Again a non-issue for me. I don't really need it in SE Texas, but I have it. Love the heated seats & wheel!
    malharden likes this.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Congrats! Love the Red, looks just like mine. Heated windshield is a must here in Michigan, Noticed filaments first few days, never now. Heated seat will cook your butt! Does not seem to be any diff between low, med. and high. settings? Anyone else experience this?

Member #
    How about the heated steering wheel, does that fry your fingers or is it more moderate?

Member #
    I feel the 3 settings on mine, can't leave it on high for very long. Steering wheel gets warm but never hot.

Member #
    Heated windshield: I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I keep forgetting to look and see if I notice them, which means I'm not noticing them. I did take a drive tonight and yes it has an effect, like very soft smudging around lights, but even when paying attention to them they're no big deal to me. My wife generally has trouble seeing while driving at night so this was a concern to me, but she hasn't noticed them either. So they're thankfully a non-issue.

Speaking of non-issues, my iPhone 5 picks up GPS just fine inside the car, which was another concern of mine. Heated windshield was said to block the signal, but not for me. This is with the phone sitting inside the cubby where the USB plug is, or else in the drink holder.

I notice a difference between high and low seat heat setting. I have the front heated/cooled seats with perforated leather, which is standard on the Prestige in the US.

The heated steering wheel does get too hot for me if left on continuously. Although we'll see if that's true on Monday, when it's supposed to get to -23 deg!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads