Electrical oddity: can anyone reproduce?
Can anyone else reproduce the following? I'm two-for-two on this. You need passive entry and a driver and passenger, both with key fobs:
- Driver enters locked armed car via passive entry, and start it.
- Passenger enters car.
- Drive somewhere (optional I suppose), then park car.
- Driver turns off car and gets out without arming alarm.
- Passenger sits in car for 3 minutes or so until displays do final power-down.
- Within a couple minutes, watch the light show as shown in the following video:
This is in a US 2014 Evoque Prestige with Adaptive Cruise. Other varieties of this could potentially explain dead batteries.
Let me know if you get the same results or not. It's also an excellent excuse to stay in the car while your partner goes shopping .
01-09-2014 11:06 AM
Power Steering Assistance Reduced? Does this car have the auto parallel parking feature? I'm betting that this is some kind of software test cycle for the parking sensors.
Yes, Park Assist is standard on the Prestige in the US.
Hmmm well, if this were any other car I'd call failing battery. But who knows. Maybe youy will soon?