Tire Pressure Low?

Tire Pressure Low?

This is a discussion on Tire Pressure Low? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Had my RRE 3 months now and the irritating tire pressure light keeps coming on. I blame it on the polar vortex! Anyway, I know ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Tire Pressure Low?

Had my RRE 3 months now and the irritating tire pressure light keeps coming on. I blame it on the polar vortex! Anyway, I know it has been extremely cold here in the states. I live in Alabama, so it is much colder elsewhere Im sure. I put air in the one tire a few weeks back. But now ALL 4 tires are showing low! They look fine to me!

BTW, what is TPMS? Is that the pressure reader on the valve stems?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). One of my low tire pressure lights came on last week too. I checked the pressure and it was around 25 psi. I checked the others and they were all around 26 psi. I bumped them all up to 40. Good to go now.

Member #
    If your tire pressure warning comnes on... check the tire pressure? Mine came on a couple days ago and, guess what, they were low.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    After the outside temp reached a consistent 50 degrees, the warnings went away for all 4 tires. My theory is that if they deflate 2 pounds, the warning light will come on. So get used to this light in the winter months.

Member #
    Dude, here's a clue: take a tire pressure gauge and check your... tire pressure. ALL of mine were low. What's the point of having a tire pressure monitoring system if you're going to ignore it? You're not from the UK are you?
    Last edited by scrannel; 01-20-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Member #
    Ouch! I think I saw another forum that said 6 psi to trigger the alert...
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    According to the door jam sticker my 19" tires should be 36 lbs front, 32 lbs rear. When I got a hit on my right front it was down to less than 30lbs. ALL were low, however.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Dude, here's a clue: take a tire pressure gauge and check your... tire pressure. ALL of mine were low. What's the point of having a tire pressure monitoring system if you're going to ignore it? You're not from the UK are you?
    "Dude"...I went to the shop and had them look at it. SURE ENOUGH, ALL sensors were bad. I know how to freaking read a tire gauge, so your comment was not needed. If you read my original thread question, you will see that I was simply asking the forum if anyone else had pressure reading issues.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HH60M View Post
    "Dude"...I went to the shop and had them look at it. SURE ENOUGH, ALL sensors were bad. I know how to freaking read a tire gauge, so your comment was not needed. If you read my original thread question, you will see that I was simply asking the forum if anyone else had pressure reading issues.
    Apologies. And scary that all four were bad. I have planned to replace the current tires (when time comes) with runflats, which would make this issue more scary. Though have not seen this before.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Apologies. And scary that all four were bad. I have planned to replace the current tires (when time comes) with runflats, which would make this issue more scary. Though have not seen this before.
    Be ready for a real hard ride.
    '12 Evoque Pure Plus (wife's), 12 Chevy Volt (mine), '03 Corvette and '12 Victory Crossroads

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads