Audio System Upgrade?

Audio System Upgrade?

This is a discussion on Audio System Upgrade? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Has anyone thought of upgrading their 825 watt system? Call me young at heart, but I like just a tad bit more thump in my ...

Member #

Audio System Upgrade?

Has anyone thought of upgrading their 825 watt system? Call me young at heart, but I like just a tad bit more thump in my commute. Not sure where to put the extra sub. Im thinking a 10" subwoofer in the back with a separate amp. This upgrade would cost ~$500 or so. Yeah, I know...there is already a sub implanted up front in the window. And would you trust a local Audio shop breaking open the dash and running new wires? That fear itself would cause me not to upgrade anything. Any other options?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I have a 2014 with the basic sound system coming in next week, and have a local shop that will be providing sub options for me. Very interested in seeing what alternatives you come up with as well.

Member #
    Local High end audio shop educated me on how to get an enhanced system from you have now. Basically, amplifiers nowadays can be "blue-toothed" into the current system to increase the audio frequency for that particular channel. Im thinking about upgrading the subwoofer that is under the passenger seat to a 10 or 12" subwoofer placed in the back in an enclosed box. The installer stated he could hide the amplifier somewhere and tap into the original subwoofer channel via bluetooth. Only wire he would have to run is the 4 gauge power wire to the battery. This modification would not void the warranty. I told the installer I didnt want to lose to much space in the back area should I want to haul something. He stated that he could hook it up to where I could take the subwoofer box out just with a few simple disconnects. The original subwoofer would then turn it self back on.

So, there are options if you want to go louder without opening up the dashboard. Plan on spending $1k or so for the mod I just explained.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I bought the 2016 RRE last week after trading in the 2013 model. It has the same Meridian system in it. It sounds nice, but wonder what it would take to enhance that audio. I went back and dug up my old post here to see if anyone has done anything with theirs? Let me know what you did and how much! Thanks!

Member #
    Damn you guys are tough. I thought this was one of the finest, clearest, best imaging systems I've heard yet in a car. Guess its not built for rap??? You can get some serious dbs out of it too!!!!

Ads