Toll Express Lane transponder placement

This is a discussion on Toll Express Lane transponder placement within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hey guys, I am new to the forum. Looking for some adivce. I have seen people having problems with their transpoders due to heated windshield. ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Toll Express Lane transponder placement

Member #

Hey guys, I am new to the forum.

Looking for some adivce. I have seen people having problems with their transpoders due to heated windshield. Where do you guys place the transponder so it works every time. I was thinking about the panoramic roof but somebody said it doesnt work sometimes and I dont wish to get fined for that.

Any advice would be welcome.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I thought of all these options, and the panoramic roof is not a good place either, even though it will work, but you have to be careful when you close the shade!

The solution was to call the eZpass in NY and have them send me a transponder that goes in the front license plate, it works perfectly well and looks very stealth as well.

If they ask you WHY, explain that your vehicle has a HEATED windshield and your transponder do not work all the time, they will send it for free.
    Regards,
    brazeagle
    moilaset likes this.

Member #
    Thanks braz. I guess I will have to call the GA highway people to see if they have such a thing. I drive with the shade open so I dont think it will be a problem to have it in the panoramic roof. Still I wanna make sure it works all the time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    We had to get the external one that mounts on the front license plate.

Member #
    Name:  License Plate-Transsponder.jpg
Views: 2479
Size:  85.9 KB
    I spoken to a Friend in GA and they do have the front license plate transponder.
    This is how it looks like.
    By the way, if you are concerned with someone removing it and misusing it, remember that that is registered to your vehicle so you would not be hold accountable for misuse, and plus, for safety, instead of using the license plate screws, I bought a special screw set (two) for USD 4.50 (Four Dollars and fifty cents) and it comes with a special alen tool to tide them in (don't loose the alen as it has a hole in it) so that would make it almost impossible to remove it from the license plate.

Take care and best regards,
    Enjoy the week ahead.
    braztang

Member #
    Thanks braz, I will do check with the GA toll people to get mine hopefully soon. Its pretty bad having to look around the house for quarters and dimes in the morning before going to work.
    Current toys:

White 2010 Ducati Streetfighter
    White 2012 Range Rover Evoque (Pure Premium)
    White 2011 Fiat 500 (lounge) Fiancee's toy

Previous cool toys:

Orange 2007 Lotus elise w/ aftermarket SC kit
    2008 Ducati S4Rs tricolore
    2008 Ducati 848
    2007 Ducati S2R1000

Member #
    wish they had those external ones here in Canada... i get the transponder rate for each of my drives but i need to call monthly to get the bill adjusted to the lower rate because the transponder wont work...the call and getting put on HOLD is a pain

p

Member #
    I mounted mine between the hood and hood liner. I did it in my previous corvette from a forum member recommendation and it worked well. I haven't been on the tollway yet but will report back to see if it works on the Evoque. Here's a pic of the corvette owner mounting his:
    El Chorizo likes this.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Member #

Quote Originally Posted by LIONHEAD View Post
    I mounted mine between the hood and hood liner. I did it in my previous corvette from a forum member recommendation and it worked well. I haven't been on the tollway yet but will report back to see if it works on the Evoque. Here's a pic of the corvette owner mounting his:
    NICE CARS MAN!
    I was only able to have nice cars like that when my father onwed a car Dealer back in Brazil when I was young!

Love the wheels on that black Mercedes (Mercedes right?) SORRY, just realized it was a JAGUAR!

Take care
    brazeagle

Member #
    haha...Thanks. Yes the black car is the Jag and the pewter car is the Mercedes in the Vid.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads