Instrument panel messages

This is a discussion on Instrument panel messages within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I had an instrument panel message showing a diagram of my evoque.. Both front tires were boxed (grayed and then the boxes turned blue). Anyone ...

Member #

I had an instrument panel message showing a diagram of my evoque.. Both front tires were boxed (grayed and then the boxes turned blue). Anyone know what this means? I've scoured the manual with no luck.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    When I put mine in snow mode, the instrument cluster shows the outline of the vehicle and the direction the tires are turned. They move as you move the steering wheel. I assume it's because LR thinks you are in deep snow and might not be able to see which way the wheels are pointing (if you get stuck). Are you in snow, or any mode other than normal?

Member #
    Yes I was in snow mode and in snow.. Thanks so much! I new it wasn't any type of warning but couldn't find anything in the manual that would reference that at all! Wish the manual showed all items that would display on the panel. Thanks again

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I just saw that display for the first time today. I thought that's what it was displaying but found nothing in the manual about it. Shows you which way your wheels are turned in snow. Guess I needed to know that

Member #
    Got a beautiful snow here in VA Beach, VA a week or so ago. I live on a culdesac and thought it would be fun to go out and try some donuts. In the snow mode, the car is displayed showing the wheels that are doing the most work (greyed out), and as everyone mentioned the direction of the front wheels.

I was disappointed with snow mode, completely unable to spin the car around. Did well getting through 6-8 inches of snow, but no awesome donuts. Anyway, I took it out of snow mode and attempted it again. The traction control took over and still no good donuts. But then, turn off the traction control too and now that was a lot of fun. The kids said it looked like a commercial. Snow was wiping 20 ft in the air in like a big wave. I wish I would have gotten a picture.

Overall, it is a breeze to drive in the snow, and I am really happy with it.

Rob

Member #
    Try it in Sand Mode!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Ads