Anyone got Software Update ?? 2013 model ?

Anyone got Software Update ?? 2013 model ?

This is a discussion on Anyone got Software Update ?? 2013 model ? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has update his Evoque software ? and if yes what improvement/fixes/new features did you notice? also any info regarding ...

Member #

Question Anyone got Software Update ?? 2013 model ?

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone has update his Evoque software ? and if yes what improvement/fixes/new features did you notice?
    also any info regarding this subject will be useful please.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Just had my 2013 Dynamic in for it's first year service. USA car. There was a BT update, but all it really did was make the unit compatible with more phones. There was an "Eco start/stop" update which I thought was for diesel cars. Service guy said on the gasoline/automatic cars it sorted shifting points. And, in fact, the shifting points on the car are indeed much better making the car shift smoother. There was a fix for the rain induced "limp home mode". A screen which I can now see by looking through the grill. There was a prior software update to keep the alternator charging more. I think that was it. The shifting upgrade was a good thing.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Just had my 2013 Dynamic in for it's first year service. USA car. There was a BT update, but all it really did was make the unit compatible with more phones. There was an "Eco start/stop" update which I thought was for diesel cars. Service guy said on the gasoline/automatic cars it sorted shifting points. And, in fact, the shifting points on the car are indeed much better making the car shift smoother. There was a fix for the rain induced "limp home mode". A screen which I can now see by looking through the grill. There was a prior software update to keep the alternator charging more. I think that was it. The shifting upgrade was a good thing.

oh, hi again Scrannel !

I knew it !!! Mine is a petrol engine and when I had the car for the 1`st time service 2 days ago I argued with the service guy about software update while he was assuring me that there's no update ...I was almost sure that this guy is an idiot !! cause there's always an update !!! I should try another branch in Jeddah

Anyway, seems a good improvements ... I was looking for touch screen lagging problem update....it's has kinda slow response...one more thing I didn't understand this point " A screen which I can now see by looking through the grill" ...what did you mean ??

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hey Yamen,

Have you checked you car on TOPIx? It will list your required updates: https://topix.landrover.jlrext.com/t...cle/lookupForm

The "screen" in question is to prevent water from splashing under the engine and is pit more or less behind the grill.

You should be able to create a basic account on TOPIx, enter your VIN and it will list updates your car needs. Take it easy!

Member #
    I got my first 2013 service last week, they did quite a bit including a software update. I have to say, and not imagining this, the car drives MUCH better. I used to always notice jerks when shifting, passing on highway lag, etc. The car seems smoother now, quieter overall as doesn't quickly have to struggle, etc. Much better and enjoyable to drive in regular D mode. :-)

Ads