Help removing Evoque seat backs

This is a discussion on Help removing Evoque seat backs within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all, I'm looking for guidance in removing the front row seat backs from my 2013 Evoque, Pure Plus. I have a pair of matching ...

Member #

Hi all, I'm looking for guidance in removing the front row seat backs from my 2013 Evoque, Pure Plus. I have a pair of matching Rosen headrest monitors I want to attempt to install myself. I want to give it a good go and not have to tuck my tail and run to my local LR dealer.

There's a plastic "U" molding on the back of the seats that looks to be where I should start, but I'm hesitant to pop it off. Any tips are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by wjbarton; 02-13-2014 at 08:31 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'd start by removing the seat from the car which is very simple. Should be 4 bolts and a wire connector or two. Then you can work more easily on the seats in your living room. I assume the head rests just slide out like any other car so that should be straight forward. I wouldn't go prying on those plastic seat backs just yet, if you're just trying to run wires you may be able to fish the wires from the bottom up to the head rest base.

Oh I forgot to mention, disconnect your battery so you don't accidentally discharge the seat airbags.

Ads