Stolen without keys!

Stolen without keys!

This is a discussion on Stolen without keys! within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi, my car was parked in Brent's Cross Shopping centre and my car was stolen from the open air car park whilst we were shopping. ...

Member #

Angry Stolen without keys!

Hi, my car was parked in Brent's Cross Shopping centre and my car was stolen from the open air car park whilst we were shopping. I still have both sets of keys too ! No glass smashed.Has this happened to anyone else? I did see some suspicious guys nearby and can onky conclude they captured security codes via radio signal etc they cut in front of me but I thought they were just idiots looking for parking spots !

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Where are you located? I know this is sort of an issue in the UK. In the US these cars are hardly prime targets. Yes, one can acquire the unlock signal with a laptop.

Member #
    I'm guessing he's in the UK by how he spelled "centre".

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Yes. North London, based on 'Brent's Cross'.

Member #
    I guess they won't get far before the police catch them ,CCTV are everywhere !!...I'm not sure but won't they be able to catch'em since the car has a GPS?!

Member #
    There was just a blurb on local (Chicago) television with security camera video showing thieves opening and driving off in an Acura MDX that was parked in a mall parking lot. Showed a guy with something in his hands walking up to the car and the car lights went on as it unlocked. Reporter said police are stumped, it is some new scanner technology that they haven't run into previously. I don't know where the video was from (state or city).
    '12 Evoque Pure Plus (wife's), 12 Chevy Volt (mine), '03 Corvette and '12 Victory Crossroads

Member #

Here's a report of this mystery device !

Member #
    The California video was what I had seen without the follow up report. The tip about not leaving valuables goes without saying. The garage door opener statement is interesting because most cars now have "home link" garage door opening capabilities and can learn garage door codes. I believe that the system in the Evoque requires the ignition to be on for it to work. On my Chevy it doesn't matter, it works when the car is turned off.

Interesting here too, the report indicates that this mystery device is opening cars, not starting and driving off with them possibly because there is no transponder being seen by the car's ignition system. In the OP's case his car was stolen. Perhaps it was towed/flatbeded away. Years back that was something that was being done here in the Chicago area.
    '12 Evoque Pure Plus (wife's), 12 Chevy Volt (mine), '03 Corvette and '12 Victory Crossroads

Ads