Dash Mobile App and OBD2 Reader

This is a discussion on Dash Mobile App and OBD2 Reader within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; As a proud 2012 Evoque Dynamic owner, I was interested in getting some more driving data. I recently purchased a Bluetooth OBDII reader from Amazon. ...

Member #

As a proud 2012 Evoque Dynamic owner, I was interested in getting some more driving data. I recently purchased a Bluetooth OBDII reader from Amazon. Super Mini ELM327 V1.5 OBD2 OBD-II Bluetooth CAN-BUS Auto Diagnostic Tool. With the tool plugged in I downloaded the Dash mobile app for Android (https://dash.by/). The app is pretty cool. It will read engine fault codes. Fortunately I don't have any of those, but it also logs trip data in a much more compelling and data driven way than the on board trip computer. For the $15 investment in the reader this is a cool way to monitor your Evoque's performance.

As a gadget guy I am having fun with this new app. Wondering if others have checked this out or any of the competitive products such as Automatic or Torque?
    Name:  dash-keys-phone-device.png
Views: 1503
Size:  234.2 KB

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Automatic is a bit pricey, but I've been considering it (or something like it) so this is a good post, thanks!
    Delivered! MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red w/ Cirrus/Lunar interior, Climate Comfort & Vision Assist packages

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartbreakRidge View Post
    Automatic is a bit pricey, but I've been considering it (or something like it) so this is a good post, thanks!
    I agree that the Automatic is too pricey, but it is compatible with iOS which is a big plus if you are an iphone user. It looks like Dash will have an iOS solution soon, but probably will be wifi based rather than Bluetooth because Apple locks down the SPP (Serial Port Protocol).

I have had Dash for a week and a half. The data is really interesting to me.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by brianf2 View Post
    I have had Dash for a week and a half. The data is really interesting to me.
    Whatever I get, I will be using it with my Galaxy S4. So I'm guessing that's you posting up on the Dash Facebook page? The picture of an Evoque dash kind of lept out at me.

Be interested to see more commentary as you get to use it more and for a longer time.
    Delivered! MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red w/ Cirrus/Lunar interior, Climate Comfort & Vision Assist packages

Member #
    The Dash Facebook page pointed to this OBDII gadget on Kickstarter, which looks very cool as well!

Member #
    good info - keep us posted

Member #
    Have any other Evoque owners been using the Dash App? Such a cool tool and affordable way to get more data. I think the bluetooth OBD was only $14 and the app is free for Android. Would be fun to compare notes and use the social tool to compare scores. I

Member #
    Once I get the OBD gadget linked above, I will give it a go with Dash!

Ads