Evoque vs Macan

Evoque vs Macan

This is a discussion on Evoque vs Macan within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; According Autocar, the Macan wins in performance (not suprising) but I still think the Evoque looks better. Here's the vid:...

Thread: Evoque vs Macan

Member #

Evoque vs Macan

According Autocar, the Macan wins in performance (not suprising) but I still think the Evoque looks better.

Here's the vid:
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    No comparison when it comes to powertrains! (The 3.0-liter V6 familiar in the Porsche Panamera S powers the Macan S, with twin turbos and dry-sump oiling. Boost is limited to 14.5 psi, output drops to 340 hp and 339 lb-ft of torque. 3.6-liter V6 from the base Panamera (as opposed to the undersquare, wet-sump 3.6 in the base Cayenne) and adds -- naturally -- twin turbos. With 17.4 pounds of boost, the Macan Turbo delivers 400 hp and 406 lb-ft,)

I agree the Evoque looks better. I saw the Mecan at the auto show and thought it was pretty cool but a little squatty. I really like the interior.

Autoweek also just did an article. 2015 Porsche Macan: drive review, specifications, photos and prices - Autoweek
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Check this out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I've been researching info on the Evoque, SQ5, Macan and the X4. In my opinion the Evoque's exterior looks the best but the Evoque is not made for speed. TFLcar has a video about the Evoque from last year and a new video for this year on youtube. Last year the Evoque ran 0-60 mph in 7.37 secs with the 6 speed and this year it ran 0-60 mph in 8.18 secs with the 9 speed. Slightly slower this year. If it was faster and performed better than the other competitors that would be great but that isn't the major buying point for me.

I built the Macan S on Porsche's US web site which started at $49,900 and after adding some packages and options the price climbed over $67,000. I built the Macan Turbo which started at $72,300 and after adding one package and some options the price climbed over $85,000. Porsche's Macan is fast and performs well but it's more expensive than the other competitors.
    Last edited by CyberDude; 03-03-2014 at 11:35 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CyberDude View Post
    I've been researching info on the Evoque, SQ5, Macan and the X4. In my opinion the Evoque's exterior looks the best but the Evoque is not made for speed. TFLcar has a video about the Evoque from last year and a new video for this year on youtube. Last year the Evoque ran 0-60 mph in 7.37 secs with the 6 speed and this year it ran 0-60 mph in 8.18 secs with the 9 speed. Slightly slower this year. If it was faster and performed better than the other competitors that would be great but that isn't the major buying point for me.

I built the Macan S on Porsche's US web site which started at $49,900 and after adding some packages and options the price climbed over $67,000. I built the Macan Turbo which started at $72,300 and after adding one package and some options the price climbed over $85,000. Porsche's Macan is fast and performs well but it more expensive than the other competitors.
    And having owned an '04 Cayenne S if "you" follow the scheduled maintenance you will spend a boat load of money. My wife wants a Macan in the worst way. Dumped the Cayenne back in '12 with 54k on the clock, wholesale value was $13k, car needed $7K (dealer estimate) scheduled maint and a new drive shaft due to some boot that had failed but couldn't be replaced by itself. sold the Porsche and bought the Evoque because of styling.
    '12 Evoque Pure Plus (wife's), 12 Chevy Volt (mine), '03 Corvette and '12 Victory Crossroads

Member #
    I took a Porsche Macan Turbo (89k) for a test drive last week. I wanted to test drive the Macan S because that's the model I'm interested in (and could afford) but there wasn't one available. One S model was already sold and the second one was going to be used for the launch this week. It really handled well, drove smoothly, fast and was very quiet inside the cabin even with the roof opened but yet standing outside the Macan the exhaust sounded loud but a really nice sound. Personally, I think the Evoque exterior looks the best of the two. And on the other hand the Macan interior looks the best if you get the 18 way Sport seats with the full leather package $$$$ and carbon fiber interior package $$$$. Options get very expensive with the Macan.

My build for the Dynamic Coupe Evoque has a MSRP of $59,850 and got a dealer quote of $2,000 over invoice (dealer is 65 miles away). My build for the Macan S has a MSRP of $65,150 and the dealer wants full MSRP (dealer is 10 miles away). It's hard to compare option to option in these SUV's because they seem so different from each other. Porsche dealer offered me a whole $500 more for the trade-in (2010 2SS/RS Camaro with 2255 miles it). Macan S is about $8,200 more including tax. And of course, three month wait for delivery for whichever one I decide on.
    Last edited by CyberDude; 05-28-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Member #
    Really the tipping point for me was MagneRide which comes on the Dynamic in the USA. It's the best performance suspension in the world, but when cruising, soft -- and I have a very motorcycle-crashed back. I presume it's still available for 2014.

Member #
    I would really much rather have the Macan. I still love my evoque though.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by scrannel View Post
    Really the tipping point for me was MagneRide which comes on the Dynamic in the USA. It's the best performance suspension in the world, but when cruising, soft -- and I have a very motorcycle-crashed back. I presume it's still available for 2014.
    I've driven both, and the Macan with PASM destroys the Dynamic with Magnaride. Not even close. Add the Air Suspension, and the gap widens further. Evoque wins on looks hands down.

Ads