LED Bulbs for Turn Signals

This is a discussion on LED Bulbs for Turn Signals within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I've substituted various LED bulbs for the factory bulbs in my 2013 Evoque with pleasing results. My favorites are the backup lights and the luggage ...

Member #

I've substituted various LED bulbs for the factory bulbs in my 2013 Evoque with pleasing results. My favorites are the backup lights and the luggage lamp with much brighter white light. Recently I replaced the factory rear turn signals with amber 18 each LED bulb units, the brightest and likewise the most expensive available. I was disappointed to find that the stock filament bulbs were brighter than my replacements. The LED bulbs did have a deeper more pleasant amber color but otherwise not worth the $40 cost for the pair.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    You can definitely do led turn signals. I've had my 50 watt amber turn signals for 8 months now with no problems.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Member #
    Were your LED units brighter than the stock bulbs? My issue was that the brightest LEDs that I could find weren't as bright as the stock filament type bulbs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mstraka View Post
    Were your LED units brighter than the stock bulbs? My issue was that the brightest LEDs that I could find weren't as bright as the stock filament type bulbs.
    I thought I posted this last July but it looks like I posted it on the other forum instead.

They are brighter then stock especially at night. Mine are 12V but puts out equivalent of 50 Watts. They were $40 each so I paid $160 for all 4 turn signals. Also went with 50 watt reverse bulbs. They are pretty bright that they can blind you if you look directly at them. haha. jk. Also just purchased 80 Watts for my rear foglights. They're on backorder so might be a few weeks before I get them.

1. Pic 1: LED Turn Signal Bulb. The one on the left is the one I'm using that are 50 watt equivalent.

LED Vid (left turn signal is the LED and the right is stock): EvoqueCreeflasher_zpscf5cad6a.mp4 Video by lionheadxkr08 | Photobucket

2. Pic 2-4: LED reverse bulbs I did about 2 years ago.

3. Pic 5-9 : LED Interior bulbs that I had done about 2 year ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images                  
    Last edited by LIONHEAD; 03-05-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

Member #
    I have the same Cree LED/SMD in Amber for my front flashers.

I have red CREE LED flashers for the rear. The red in the rear is so much better looking and matches the red lights in the rear, but front amber matches the amber side markers and lights.

Member #
    Lionhead- i love what you've done with the exhaust tip! Are they only tips or the have you changed the while exhaust? Plus how about the tail lights? Where did you get the clear ones from?
    Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Where did you get the cree bulbs? and what bulb number? I have been looking everywhere and cant find them any help would be great!

Ads