Looking for real truth from real owners

This is a discussion on Looking for real truth from real owners within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; So, I'm looking for a new SUV. I've narrowed it down to either the Evoque or the Acura MDX. I have spoken to mechanics, friends ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Looking for real truth from real owners

Member #

So, I'm looking for a new SUV. I've narrowed it down to either the Evoque or the Acura MDX. I have spoken to mechanics, friends with car knowledge, and the guy I use for my car purchases, and everyone is steering me away from the Evoque. It's a cool looking SUV and it's my first choice. So, what's the truth guys. Is it a dud and will I regret my purchase, or will I be happy and satisfied. By the way, I'm looking at a used, low mileage 2012/2013 version. I may either drive it for 3 years and sell it, or sell it sooner. Also, how does it retail it's value?

Thanks so much

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    So far I have been very pleased. I purchased mine pre-owned as well. it is a 2012 Coupe and it had 14,900 miles when I purchased in June of last year. I have just shy of 32,000 miles now and I am very happy. I haven't spent any money for service other than oil changes and a set of tires.

Land Rover products have had a bad reputation for dependability in the past, which tends to linger on with anyone who hasn't checked out their products lately. This is not to say LR's don't have issues, they do, but so do other manufacturers. We just don't visit those forums so we don't hear about it. Looking at reasons people take their cars in for service; electronics seems to be one of the biggest issue in the last couple of years.

You will see service issues on the forum and there are a few lemons out there but for the most part I am pretty pleased with the low number of complaints reported and I am very pleased with my Coupe!

I too once thought LR's were expensive to service until I owned a Mini Cooper S! It pays to shop around for a good independent mechanic even for things like brakes, which every vehicle has to have serviced.

I have been driving Land Rovers since 2008 and have never been left stranded.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Are you in the UK? Move if you want good service on a LR product. I'm in the states, my Evoque is this family's 8th LR product and we have been happy with them all. But we have an amazing dealer. I bought mine new, 2013, it's been perfect. Despite the fact that I love our dealer, I looked at virtually everything else -- and they were ugly or not really... well, RR quality. This car has a ton of panache. I have Orkney Grey with the pursuit interior... and where else was I going to get that? Plus it has MagneRide, which is the best suspension in the known universe. Look, it has really great 4x4 manners and it's a kick-ass sports sedan. And... is it gorgeous?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I think you may get a somewhat biased view from our forum...Most are on here because we love this vehicle. Maybe not, there are a few complainers here, too. Many of those guys have had bad luck, a few just like to complain.

Recognizing that, and coming in "eyes wide open", I think you can't go wrong with either vehicle. I bought a new 2012 Evoque in May 2012, and now have 53,000 miles. In that time, there have been two minor glitches, both covered under warranty. Aside from that, I have had only routine service. I drive a lot for work, and require a dependable vehicle, but I also want to have fun with it. My last vehicle was a 2006 Acura TL, and it was awesome. I would have bought another Acura in a heartbeat, but I thought the new ones were...well, ugly. I do think the new MDX isn't bad.

I think you should go with your gut and pick the car you like best. But recognize that the Land Rover brand has come a long way. LR today is still much better than nearly all cars were not too long ago. Most car brands are more dependable than they used to be. The mechanics may be thinking of older LR models? LR is probably not as dependable as Acura (maybe never will be) but I'm a believer! And I was a huge skeptic. It took me 6 months to pull the trigger on the Evoque and did as much research on the brand and the model as I could at the time. I just fell in love with it!

Good luck, and enjoy the ride!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    The safe, boring choice would be the Acura. Life is too short to drive something that boring IMO.
    Solarpunk and Evo_D like this.

Member #
    The other thing to consider is the fact that the MDX and the Evoque are not comparable at all! The babyRR is a way smaller SUV than the MDX you are comparing it to! So you have to re visit your needs and go from there. Thats my 0.02cents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    I'd tend to think that the RDX is a better comparison for the Evoque than the MDX.
    Delivered! MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red w/ Cirrus/Lunar interior, Climate Comfort & Vision Assist packages

Member #
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    My wife drives ours 90% of the time and for the most part loves it, we have only had a few minor warranty issues and our biggest complaint has been the service writer's attitude. Bought as a demo with a whopping 67 miles on it, we now have just crossed 12k since August of '12. That said, I have never been happy with the ride of the Evoque. Given the short wheel base the vehicle tends to be very bouncy.
    '12 Evoque Pure Plus (wife's), 12 Chevy Volt (mine), '03 Corvette and '12 Victory Crossroads

Member #
    Great vehicle. Few quirks but drives like a sports car. Get gas mileage like a Mini. Looks great. Seats are incredible. Sound system oretty good. Mirrors suck.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads