Daytime running lights

Daytime running lights

This is a discussion on Daytime running lights within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Has anyone seen the evoque with daytime running lights in operation? I would like to know what actually lights up is it the same as ...

Member #

Daytime running lights

Has anyone seen the evoque with daytime running lights in operation? I would like to know what actually lights up is it the same as having your lights on at night or is it the equivalent of the parking lights or just a ring of light around the main light? Also with daytime running lights on are the rear lights on?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Hi Bob,
    I did not see any DRL yet, as the vehicles here in the US at least, they are fully controlled by the dirver, no DRL sold; what I usually do is I keep the LOW LIGHTS on at all times (when in a highway), which only lights up the RING around the headlights, and sometimes I turn the fog lights on, they look really nice that way, since my EVOQUE does not have HID, and apparently the FOG and low lights are HID and my headlights are normal halogen which I only put them on at night in dark places, otherwise I always drive with fog lights, which the illuminate well for a city driving.
    The only burden doing that is that MANY times I forget to turn them OFF and I get off the vehicle wihtout noticing the sign on the dashboard advising of LIGHTS ON! which is sometimes difficult to see when you get out quickly.
    take care,
    braztang

Member #
    The daytime running lights are supposed to be only LED's on all models. The Pure and Pure Plus have no rings around the lights, that's only on the Premium packages with the Xenon or HID hedlights or further upgrades. If you have the halogens, the DRL's consist of setting up the parking lights as DRL's or the low beam headlights. Either choice is not what I relish. I'm going to install aset of LED's in the front and wire them to an ignition relay so they go on and off with the car. Then they will always be on, day and night, and I don't have to worry about turning them on or off.

My spouses LR4 has the odd shaped rings and "eyebrow" LED's as DRL's. Bright enough and dealer activated.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I got my new Evoque on Thursday. Here is Australia the DRL's are different from what lights up at night. They are LEDs located on the outer side of the head lamp assembly

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by paggnr View Post
    I got my new Evoque on Thursday. Here is Australia the DRL's are different from what lights up at night. They are LEDs located on the outer side of the head lamp assembly
    Can you show us pics?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    My Evoque has the Xenon headlights with the LED DRL rings. I really love the look, but I am totally confused as to why when using the turn signals, the DRL ring is turned off on the corresponding right or left side! Anybody know the reason for this?

Member #
    My Dynamic has the "ring of lights".

Ads