Scan function for radio?

Scan function for radio?

This is a discussion on Scan function for radio? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Please tell me there is a scan function for the radio. Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but when I brought this up to three different ...

Member #

Scan function for radio?

Please tell me there is a scan function for the radio. Not to insult anyone's intelligence, but when I brought this up to three different people at the LR dealer, they all asked what I was talking about. Scan - hit a button and the radio automatically goes up/down to the next station. It pauses there for about 4 seconds, then moves on to the next station until the scan button is pressed again. It allows the listener to scroll through all available stations without having to press a button for each station. Even a Ford Focus radio has a scan function. The folks at the LR dealership thought I was talking about the seek function. I was not. Then they said I could use the station list feature. I already knew about that. Then they said I could program presets. My response was that presets are only good as long as you are driving in the area where the presets were programmed. In the three months I've owned the 2013 Evoque, I've driven over 6,400 miles and have been in 8 different states. Preset stations are worthless.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The arrow buttons on either side of the info button on the screen.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    The arrow buttons on either side of the info button on the screen.
    When pushed for a moment, the arrow buttons seek the next station then stop. When pushed for a couple seconds, the arrow buttons change to manual mode where the frequency goes up/down by .2 with each subsequent press (96.3, 96.5, 96.7, etc.). If held in longer after that, it goes into a mode similar to that of fast-forward or rewind of a cassette. Once the button is released, it stops on whatever frequency it was on. These are not the scan function.Scanning automatically goes from station to station, pausing for about four seconds on each station to give a brief preview of what is currently playing. It can go on indefinitely (or some auto makers, Audi, for example, have it set up to stop after cycling through all frequencies and returning where it started) Pressing the scan button again keeps the radio tuned on the station that's currently being previewed. Has anyone been able to get the radio to scan? And, if so, how?Thanks in advance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    On my 2012 the buttons scan to the next signal that is strong enough to lock in. I use the scan when I drive out of town. I just tap the button, I am not holding it down.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovingvic View Post
    On my 2012 the buttons scan to the next signal that is strong enough to lock in. I use the scan when I drive out of town. I just tap the button, I am not holding it down.
    How long does it stay on that next signal? If it stops there, that's seek, not scan. If it stops for a few seconds then moves to the next available signal, and continues to repeat that until you tap the button again, that's scan.

Member #
    Apparently it is seek, not scan. I am in a loaner right now so I can't verify in my 2012. After your post I tried the loaner and it is as you said. I also found out that if I press and hold the seek button it goes into a manual mode. I will have to check to see if mine is the same.

Member #
    Thanks for trying. I'm still astounded that a vehicle that has all of the advanced technical and mechanical features does not have one of the most basic functions.

Ads