New software update?

New software update?

This is a discussion on New software update? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I received an email from my dealer today (4-8-14) informing me of a new free software update for my Evoque. I've already had the Q255 ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

New software update?

I received an email from my dealer today (4-8-14) informing me of a new free software update for my Evoque. I've already had the Q255 update done last fall. I asked what this one was supposed to address and they stated it was an emissions update. He said I should plan on an hour for the update and the dealer would supply a loaner for any time I needed to drop the vehicle off. I plan to get it in done sometime later this week or next. I'm posting to make others aware of this new update and to ask if any other members have been notified of this update - or if you've had the update done.Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Just checked TOPIx and it says mine has an outstanding campaign.

Q379 - FUEL REGULATION

Member #
    Just got mine back! It was Q379 which was basically a re-flash. Paperwork says Cause: Software error. 129013 Tune - download - engine management ECU. Performed Q379 reconfigured PCM per bulletin instructions.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Have you noticed any difference after the reflash?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefang08 View Post
    Just checked TOPIx and it says mine has an outstanding campaign. Q379 - FUEL REGULATION
    Fuel Regulation? Maybe now we'll get the fuel mileage Land Rover advertised we would. I'm showing around 22-23 MPG on the computer for in town driving, but the actual mileage (gallons used/ miles driven) is closer to 18-19.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefang08 View Post
    Have you noticed any difference after the reflash?
    I only picked mine up after lunch today so I haven't really had a chance to check out the difference if any. Mine was running fine other than the check engine light coming on intermittently...until it died in the parking lot.

I will update ASAP.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Died again! Each time I tried to excelerate enough to downshift it would cut out like no fuel! Stranded in the middle of the highway, I had to be towed!

Member #
    This was me yesterday morning. The 2 cops were not happy about me blocking one lane. Roadside assistance couldn't get to me for 75 minutes so they call a truck. When it got there it wasn't a flatbed. Couldn't put it in neutral or release the parking brake and he had no dollies. I called a service with a flatbed & the driver hammered a steel plate under each tire and had to drag it up on to the flatbed.

Member #
    Oh my. Hope u find a fix ASAP? How many miles on it? It is a shame we spend all of this money for a car that is not reliable. Mine has been so far knock on wood but I only have about 10,000 miles or so. I am leasing but thought about buying it after lease is up. Not so sure now. Let us know what they say. May have to read up on lemon law?

Member #
    I have just shy of 35,000 miles. I will update as soon as I hear from the dealer. This is the first problem I have had. I am very satisfied with this Rover.

The Q379 "campain" as the dealer calls it apparently will be something they address as owners bring their vehicles in for other service...unless like me, that is the service you brought in for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads