Satellite Radio - Install After Left The Lot

This is a discussion on Satellite Radio - Install After Left The Lot within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hello, I have just purchased a 2013 Evoque that did not have the Sirius Satellite Radio installed. I was wondering if anyone knew if it ...

Member #

Hello,

I have just purchased a 2013 Evoque that did not have the Sirius Satellite Radio installed. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to install the OEM satellite unit afterwards and activate it.
    I have found online companies selling the satellite unit, and they advise that the dealer will need to put in some security code to activate it, I assume this is the same if the unit breaks and needs replacing as well.

If anyone has done this, or if there are employees of JLR on this site that could tell me if this is possible, that would be great.

I would just prefer to have this built-in and running from the headunit, instead of an external unit wired in through the aux port.

Regards,

BCEvoque

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    If anyone else is interested in this, I had the JLR dealer call their dedicated tech line, and this is what I have been told.
    When you order the Satellite component upon ordering the vehicle, they include the wiring harness and run all wires/antennas throughout the vehicle. To do this afterwards is too large of a job, and would cost in the thousands of dollars, even if they would do it.
    Kind of silly, but it is what it is.

Member #
    One more question for people. Has anyone taken out the stereo to see what inputs are on the back? I want to know if there is a Satellite Radio input where I can plug the wires in myself and run the antenna myself.
    Cannot seem to find any wiring or technical diagrams on the stereo, so was wondering if anyone has done this themselves to retrofit speakers or amps and has happened to see or take a photo.

Also, does anyone know if it is easy to swap out the sub for a better one or one that produces deeper bass. Or does anyone know where the amp is in the system for the sub to manipulate the frequency or power to the sub?

Ads