Issue with new 9 speed transmission?

Issue with new 9 speed transmission?

This is a discussion on Issue with new 9 speed transmission? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; i received my 2014 Evoque in January (it was built in November 2013, i am guessing one of the first models built with the new ...

Member #

Exclamation Issue with new 9 speed transmission?

i received my 2014 Evoque in January (it was built in November 2013, i am guessing one of the first models built with the new transmission). So far I am very happy with it, and the transmission is definitely smoother than the old 6 speed. I do have one complaint however: the new transmission is not very smooth when upshifting from second to third, but only at certain rpms: if i press the gas gently - when the upshift happens below 2,000 rpm, then the shift change is smooth. If I floor it, then the shift change is also smooth. Only when the shift happens between 2,000 to 3,000 rpm, the shift is definitely noticeable (the car "shakes"). I was curious if any of you with a 2014 model have experienced the same thing?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    This only happens to me when the vehicle hasn't warmed up yet. Once I've driven a couple miles it goes away.

Member #
    just curious to hear feedback from any 2014 Evoque owners? I brought the car back to my dealer, test drove it with the service manager, he did notice that the upshift from second to third was not smooth at all, but he claimed that this was normal. i did not get a chance to drive another 2014 Evoque yet so i cannot confirm whether this is normal or not... but it does not seem right to me as i have not experienced such thing with any other AT i drove. anyone with the same issue?

Ads