Lack of opening sunroof?

Lack of opening sunroof?

This is a discussion on Lack of opening sunroof? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all. I am smitten with the Evoque and close to ordering mine but the one thing that repeatedly gives me pause is the lack ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lack of opening sunroof?

Member #

Lack of opening sunroof?

Hi all. I am smitten with the Evoque and close to ordering mine but the one thing that repeatedly gives me pause is the lack of an opening sunroof. What has been your experience? Did you quickly get used to the fixed sunroof or is the lack of an opening something that makes you rethink your purchase? Ive tested about every similarly sized SUV and I cant shake the Evoque but I also love my sunroof. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Joh
    Member #
    Yes, I do miss opening a sun/moon roof. Rethink my purchase.....nooooo. It is the "sharpest" SUV so far.

Member #
    My other car has sunroof and Ive used it twice in 2 years. So yea it didnt really bother me that it was lacking on the Evoque.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I have a panoramic roof and I don't miss an opening feature. Several of my previous cars have had opening sunroofs and after a few years these sun roofs became an annoyance. Rattles would develop and the weather seals would become deteriorated from the blistering summer sun (I live in a very hot climate) resulting in water leaks.

Member #
    Thanks for sharing your experiences. I test drove again yesterday with windows open and I can see this won't be a major issue for me. Now to find a dealer that's flexible on the price! Thanks again.

Member #
    Truly, I do miss the opening sunroof. I am still happy with the purchase, but I think they really should come up with an opening design. So many of my passengers remark about it being an odd feature NOT to have, and I agree with them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
    2012 Fuji White Evoque Prestige- Tan/Ivory/Espresso Interior, Sport Pedals and Sport Style Foot Rest, Mud Flaps, Silver Rails, OEM Ski Rack and Bike Rack , Climate Package, Style 6 wheels with Hankook tires in summer, Style 5 wheels with Blizzak tires for the frozen Minnesota tundra in winter- Set for Adventure in Style!

Member #
    I read that evoque will have convertible but don't know if it is true or not. That could be an option. I too wished it opened but still love the looks of my evoque

Member #
    I am a newbie owner, so I have limited experience, but the fact that the roof doesn't open wasn't a deal breaker for me. While driving, one hardly notices the ceiling anyway. The real experience is for passengers in the back seat. They can't get over it. Living in the Pacific Northwest means a roof that doesn't open really isn't a big deal, what with the rain and all. Maybe if I lived in SoCal it would be more of a factor, but then the air-con doesn't work, so don't let it stop you from getting a great car. Good luck.

Member #
    Never have to worry if you left it open when it starts to rain...
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    For me personally, the lack of a moon roof is the single largest failing of the current design. I'm not a big fan of using the air conditioner. In order to get fresh air in I need to roll down the windows. At any speed I get buffeting and a lot of wind noise. Not good. It wasn't a show stopper for me when I made the purchase, but I won't have another new vehicle without a moon roof.
    Evocurious likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads