Replacing Interior Bulbs to LED Bulbs (Summary)

Replacing Interior Bulbs to LED Bulbs (Summary)

This is a discussion on Replacing Interior Bulbs to LED Bulbs (Summary) within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I know all this information has been posted in various threads but I thought I would be helpful to have it summarized here on one ...

Member #

Replacing Evoque Interior Bulbs to LED Bulbs (Summary)

I know all this information has been posted in various threads but I thought I would be helpful to have it summarized here on one post. Please note that if the T10 bulb doesn't work, reverse it in the socket. Check this before putting everything back together.

CONSOLE DOME LIGHT: Requires three LED bulbs (W5W T10 501.) I used the type that has 5 LEDs. Instructional video My lens was very tight fitting against the support frame. I used a narrow 1" putty knife blade to slip between the lens and frame. It took a little force to slide between the two. Once in place prying the lens away was easy. Everything was too tight to use a plastic blade such as a credit card. You need small fingers to get a grip to pull out the factory bulbs and they can be very hot if lit for a while. To pull them out I used a claw foot tool for reaching into small places to retrieve drooped nuts and bolts. Someone else has suggested a rubber tube/hose to slip over the bulb.

REAR SIDE DOME LIGHTS: Each one requires one LED bulb (W5W T10 501.) This instructional video says it all

FOOTWELL LIGHTS: One light each side. Very simple removal procedure. Requires a total of two LED bulbs (W5W T10 501.) Caution,these bulbs will be very hot as the door will be open and as a result they will be lit. Pull straight out.

TRUNK / BOOT LIGHT: One light. Very simple removal procedure. Requires one festoon bulb, 16 LED type, 36-37 mm long.

TOTAL BULBS USED FOR CONVERSION:
    Seven (W5W T10 501)
    One (festoon bulb, 16 LED type, 36-37 mm long)

MY COST FOR BULB CONVERSION: $13.00 total, free shipping, from two sellers. Bulbs purchased on ebay. A kit for the Evoque (also on ebay) with only 5 T-10 bulbs and one festoon bulb costs $85.00.
    Last edited by mstraka; 05-10-2014 at 08:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I replaced all of mine this weekend with blue LEDS, looks great and those small videos from powerfuluk are very helpful. I brought my kits from the UK via ebay to Australia and it was around AU$45. Looks fantastic when all done, and yes the Console dome light was the hardest but I have a trim removal kit and was able to use a broad blade similar to they use in the video, and lots of cursing of my fat fingers trying to get the bulbs in and out.

Last edited by MarkF; 05-10-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Member #
    MarkF - Do you have a complete list of the bulbs you ordered? I too am looking to purchase and get shipped to Aust. BTW really like the blue

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Hi paggnr I brought them all as a single pack from this mob on evilbay Range Rover Evoque Blue Canbus Error Interior CAR LED Light Bulbs KIT | eBay They sell them as a kit of 8 blubs, all the same except for the one in the rear cargo area which is a larger one. It was about $35 in all and arrived in a few weeks after ordering. I also have a car time removal kit which made it easier to get the domes off, the worst was the front three as the cover is really fiddly to remove and there is not much room to get the bulbs in when you have fat fingers. LOL

Ads