Is Navigation/rear camera unusable

This is a discussion on Is Navigation/rear camera unusable within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have been thinking about purchasing the Evoque for the last few months. After doing the research and frequenting the forums I found the main ...

Member #

I have been thinking about purchasing the Evoque for the last few months. After doing the research and frequenting the forums I found the main problems to me the Nav system and the backup camera. I was just wondering if the Nav system is still usable or if itís just too much of an annoyance to even use. And also if the backup camera is just to slow even for the patient ones to use. I work in the oilfield and I will be using the evoque for what it was made for(off roadability). I have also been looking at the audi q5 which doesnít have the looks of the evoque (looks a bit momish) but doesnít seem to have the flaws that a 50k vehicle should have. I did test drive the evoque and enjoyed zipping in and out of traffic with great control and comfort. I just donít think I am quite sold on the reliability yet. Any advice would be great.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    the quality of the back up camera is top notch and i love it dearly., and it responds within a second or two of placing in reverse...by the time you check your mirrors the camera is available to view, no biggie.

My dealer talked me out of the navigation, so i assume it is not too great, at least for Canadian highways.... i haven't heard any glowing reviews about it.

Member #
    No complaints about the factory GPS so far other than it is a factory GPS which restricts inputs while in motion (read lawyers). For my money, it's hard to beat a $200 Garmin.

Re the backup camera, it's the best one I had yet. Certainly better than the camera that was in my Ford Flex. One big camera tip I have is to keep the lens clean, especially when the back of the vehicle gets crapped up with dirt. I had a $400 "incident" with my Ford Flex with a camera lens that was dirty. I was to the point where I depended on it while backing up. One dark night, the lens was crapped up and I backed into a brick wall (just enough to put some serious scratches on the bumper. I drove it that way for a year and every time I saw the scratched it pissed me off. Finally I coughed up the "scratch" to fix the scratches. Then a month later, I saw the Evoque and that was the end of the Flex along with my $400.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #

Member #
    [QUOTE=Starflyr;799]No complaints about the factory GPS so far other than it is a factory GPS which restricts inputs while in motion (read lawyers). For my money, it's hard to beat a $200 Garmin.

Can you really not input info while in motion? The dealer told me that input IS allowed. I ordered a car already, but have not gotten to try the GPS myself.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Ads