Color decision

Color decision

This is a discussion on Color decision within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I am new to the forum and have really enjoyed reading through the posts. I am about to purchase a 2014 Evoque Pure Premium but ...

Thread: Color decision

Member #

Color decision

I am new to the forum and have really enjoyed reading through the posts. I am about to purchase a 2014 Evoque Pure Premium but am stuck on the color choice. I like a light interior such as almond. I like the gray exterior but unsure about how it would look with the tan interior. Not a fan of black exteriors (had black Mercedes ML and was difficult to keep clean).

Hubby has the LR Discovery with all the toys but the Evoque will be my everyday/commuter and I want to keep it looking feminine. I understand color is a personal choice but would really appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    The Evoque color selection of dealerships' inventory (Evoques on the dealers' lot) is very limited. Usually black and white and sometimes a silver (gray) one. I have a white Pure Premium coupe with the almond interior. Your choice, gray/almond is a good combination. Remember that the exterior color has a lot to do with visibility/safety.

Member #
    The white does have a great presence on the road. I like the Fugi, Orkney gray and red. What did you mean by exterior color and visibility and safety?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Visibility = safety. In an urban landscape the dark and light grays of cement and asphalt all blend into a backdrop that makes black, brown/tan and gray cars harder to see as there is little contrast between the car and the background. (A green car is harder to see in a green rural landscape.) Another factor in choosing car color is temperature. In a hot climate a black car is hotter inside as most of the sunlight is absorbed by the black color. Personally I have no favorite color that I feels works best. The most attractive color is determined by the unique exterior design of each car. The Evoque is a very beautiful design. Especially attractive is the side profile of the car. White really shows this profile and the dark glass area is emphasized giving the impression that the top (white) floats above the body shape. Darker colors aren't as effective creating this contrast. They are for a more emotional effect, the white creates the visual impact. Probably more here than you wanted to know. (I'm a graphic / industrial designer.)

Member #
    Sammy you have to decide what you like best! You are going to live with this vehicle every day. Mstraka mentioned contrasting colors. I like how the dark trim pieces like the bonnet & fender (wing) vents etc. stand out more with a lighter color. I also think the metallic paints catch more light causing contrast in the paint itself where accent lines brighten and the area just below are slightly shaded. What really strikes you? What do you really want!
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Black on Black dynamic pack. Its a hassle to keep clean but when it is clean it's the sexiest in my opinion. Range rover must use really good paint because swirls and light scratches come out with no issues.

Ads