'12 Evoque brake pads / calipers / sensors

This is a discussion on '12 Evoque brake pads / calipers / sensors within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I'm at about 45k miles on our 2012 and the dealer is telling me the brakes are down to 20% life front and 10% life ...

Member #

I'm at about 45k miles on our 2012 and the dealer is telling me the brakes are down to 20% life front and 10% life rear. What's killing me is that they want $600 a corner to replace the rotors/pads and sensors. The service advisor is telling me that there is no "meat on the rotors stock" so that when the pads need replaced so do the rotors.

Does anyone have any experience with these brakes / pads? This seems crazy to me...

Anyone have any recommendation for where to get OEM pads so I can replace them myself? Unless I completely misunderstand how brakes work on every car I've ever owned but the Evoque I think the pads can be changed w/o the rotors.
    '12 Evoque 5 door Dynamic
    Orkney Grey w/ black contract roof
    Ebony/Pimento interior

2. # ADS
    Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by torchredfrc View Post
    I'm at about 45k miles on our 2012 and the dealer is telling me the brakes are down to 20% life front and 10% life rear. What's killing me is that they want $600 a corner to replace the rotors/pads and sensors. The service advisor is telling me that there is no "meat on the rotors stock" so that when the pads need replaced so do the rotors.

Does anyone have any experience with these brakes / pads? This seems crazy to me...

Anyone have any recommendation for where to get OEM pads so I can replace them myself? Unless I completely misunderstand how brakes work on every car I've ever owned but the Evoque I think the pads can be changed w/o the rotors.
    Here is a link to a Land Rover dealer that does a lot of internet business. I have dealt with them, and they have pretty good prices.

2012 Land Rover Range Rover Evoque Parts - Land Rover Parts Center - Call (800) 574-9217 for Genuine Land Rover Parts and Accessories

I wouldn't think that the rotors would need replaced at 45k miles. There are various threads in the forum where members have done their own brake pad replacements. Try searching
    the forum to find the threads on brakes. Type "brake pads" in the Advanced Search box in the top right hand corner of the screen to see the threads on pad replacement.

Also, go here: https://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/ev...ear-brake.html
    to see how to disable the electronic parking brake to do the rear pads.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Rsquared; 07-02-2014 at 08:00 PM.

Ads