Anyone buy the "option" wheels?

This is a discussion on Anyone buy the "option" wheels? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; All of the images have the option 6 wheels. Very cool, but worth $2000 USD? I opted not to get 'em. Thoughts? 100% free webcam ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone buy the "option" wheels?

Member #

All of the images have the option 6 wheels. Very cool, but worth $2000 USD? I opted not to get 'em. Thoughts?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I didn't get the 20"'s, luckily I got the Dynamic model which cam with the nice 5 spoke 19"'s on it instead of those weird looking standard wheels. I wanted the 20" wheels but not for $2500.....for the Shadow Grey ones. I plan on getting 20" wheels after a little while when more aftermarket wheels start coming out, but I'm currently trying to see if the 20" wheels from a Range Rover Sport will fit? But know one seems to know what the offset is???? I'm also wondering if 22" wheels will fit?? I think so?
    Always Ready for Fun and Adventure
    2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
    2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Fully Modded 550HP+
    2009 Honda CBR600RR Modded
    2010 Harley Nightster Totaled.....
    2004 BMW M3 Coupe Sold.....
    1965-68 Ford Mustang Fastback......Wanted and Looking to buy LMK

Member #
    Aftermarket- good plan. Yeah, I got the prestige, and I think the rims are actually uglier than the pure. Ah well. I know very little about sizing, so I have nothing to add as far as whether 22s will fit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Go aftermarket to the style you like but if you don't mind having the same wheels as others (Mini and Hyunda has a similar style 6 wheel also), than definitely go with that Style 6. I ordered my aftermarket last week and it's going to take another 4 weeks to product and ship. Also, aftermarket you can go wider to be flush with the wheel well.
    '12 Evoque (Prestige):Blacked out trim,Painted front and rear U Bar,Painted center console,black letters,wheels,exhaust tips,lip spoiler,roof rails/'08 Jaguar XKR (V8 SC): Mods/'06 MB SL65 (V12 Twin Turbo)(stock 604HP/738TQ)/'12 MB GL450/'10 E350 4matic: http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...ps19361479.jpg
    My SL65 AMG and XKR in Friend's Vid: http://youtu.be/0cyA55UTcRI

mas
    Member #
    I got the Style 7- definitely think it's worth the $500 over the style 6. Especially with my grey body. When I first saw them, they looked like Mini wheels but once you see them a bit more and notice the details, it becomes more interesting and look totally different to me now. They were a lot cheaper than the Black 20" option- my dealer wanted $1200/ea for just the wheel with no tire or center cap.

I'm not quite happy with the offset- might push them out 10~15mm with spacers to get a better look. I'll have to see what H&R offers. Got the expensive Style 7 because I wasn't happy with the aftermarket solutions available now but if something comes out in the future, I'll make the OEM wheels the winter set and get the better looking ones for summer.

I don't think you can use wheels from a RR Sport- the bolt pattern is different.
    Last edited by mas; 02-02-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Member #
    Went with the 20's (bright) but may rethink this position once I get some miles on it. Sumantra Black exterior....thinking to just gloss black powder coat the ones i got.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LIONHEAD View Post
    Go aftermarket to the style you like but if you don't mind having the same wheels as others (Mini and Hyunda has a similar style 6 wheel also), than definitely go with that Style 6. I ordered my aftermarket last week and it's going to take another 4 weeks to product and ship. Also, aftermarket you can go wider to be flush with the wheel well.
    Great, please advise which wheels size did you get, please let me know where did you buy it, and what are the exact measurements that will fit the Evoque, as I been shopping around and cannot find any information on wheel sizes for the Evoque in the USA.Thanks,Brazeagle

Member #
    20" shadow rims came with my setup. Would never have ordered it, but am fine with it... Except we had a loaner LR2 which was just a lot smoother riding, which makes me think that the lack of Magna and having such huge rims really compromises ride quality.

Member #

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tokeloke View Post
    20" shadow rims came with my setup. Would never have ordered it, but am fine with it... Except we had a loaner LR2 which was just a lot smoother riding, which makes me think that the lack of Magna and having such huge rims really compromises ride quality.
    I have the style 6 20" rims, which is the same style as the shadow.

I think my Evoque Dynamic with the dynamic suspension (magna-ride) rides and handles better than the Pure I drove with 19" rims.

2012 Dynamic 5 door, Fuji White and Santorini black top, Lunar interior Style 6 sparkle rims, Climate comfort, adaptive dynamic, Sat and HD radio
    2012 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLTRXSE Harley Davidson Roadglide White Gold Pearl and Starfire Black
    2013 Custom Vehicle Operations, FLHRSE5 Harley Davidson Road King an ultra-premium Diamond Dust, Obsidian and Palladium paint scheme, 110th Anniversary Edition.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ads