Release Levers for Removing Lower Rear Seat?

This is a discussion on Release Levers for Removing Lower Rear Seat? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; On my 2013 Evoque coupe I discovered two release levers that easily permit the lower half of the rear seat to unlatch from the car ...

Member #

On my 2013 Evoque coupe I discovered two release levers that easily permit the lower half of the rear seat to unlatch from the car body. This would be nice if this is part of a procedure to allow one to quickly remove the lower part of the rear seat, allowing the upper section of rear seat to fold down more flatly with the lower section out of the way. These release levers can be discovered just under the front lip of the lower rear seat, one on each side. I can't figure out how to proceed from this step, (the front of the seat is free and tilts up easily) as something else appears to be keeping the lower seat from being removed. An attachment to the rear at the trunk area? These lever releases seems too complex just to be used for the assembly line. Any one have any info on this? I find nothing about this in the owner's manual.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    According to cars.com - Both the recline and fold functions are operated by a lever on the side of the seat cushion. Lift it, and the backrest folds forward, though it's not completely flat with the cargo floor. It takes some effort to put the larger of the two backrest sections back in place for passenger use.

I've never noticed but will check it out. Probably an option to pushing the buttons on the back of the seats.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Hey. I also just noticed the two levers. Did you ever find out?

Ads