Body trim loose after carwash

This is a discussion on Body trim loose after carwash within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; I have a 2013 pure premium that is a recent purchase for me, so I am still learning the vehicle. I took it through an ...

Member #

I have a 2013 pure premium that is a recent purchase for me, so I am still learning the vehicle. I took it through an automatic car wash and afterward the black trim around the front tire well had come loose. I was able to pop it back into place, but I'm worried about taking it through the wash again. Has anyone else had this experience?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Yes. The trim is pretty easily loosened. I've had the dealer replace the plastic tabs a couple of times.

Member #
    Mine popped off once, just smacked it back in place. That was 3 months ago and have been off road'n it and through car washes...no problems.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    With automatic car washes, I am more worried about the camera lenses around the vehicle. Anyone have any thoughts? What I do is wash by hand in driveway(drains to yard, so I'm watering lawn at same time), and keep a bottle of detailer spray for bird poop and other minor irritations in the boot, along with a supply of soft cloths and a roll of paper towels. Enjoy your Evoque. XREF, I'm just south of you in Anacortes, WA. Same seagull problems.

Member #
    I've had the key cover pop off in a car wash. Luckily the attendant went in and retrieved it for me. The fix: Krazy glued it in place! The down side; if I ever need to use the key (within the key fob) I'm going to have to pull the cover off and risk snapping something in the process (that Krazy glue is strong stuff).

Ads