Style 7 Shadow Chrome Wheel Mishap

This is a discussion on Style 7 Shadow Chrome Wheel Mishap within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Okay guys, I have been scouring the interwebs for a couple days now and came across your forum. I work for an automotive detailing company ...

Member #

Okay guys, I have been scouring the interwebs for a couple days now and came across your forum. I work for an automotive detailing company in Ohio and we recently detailed a '12 Range Rover Evoque. Beautiful car, almost everything came out spectacular. Unfortunately my detailer (with 17 yrs experience) sprayed an acid based solution on the Shadow Chrome rims. He was under the impression that the wheels were actually chrome, not alloy sprayed over. Long story short, the solution bled the rims black and the finish is ruined.

The customer has been more than understanding about the situation and just wants his rims back to original condition. I've explored all local options and am unable to find someone that can refinish these unique wheels with 100% accuracy. The local dealer that we work with quoted $2,000 for the set. From a business perspective I want my customer to receive the same value, at the lowest cost to the company.

Do you guys know of a company that can refinish these wheels back to factory default?

If not, does anyone have this particular set of wheels for sale less than the dealers price?

Lastly, would anyone be interested in buying the discolored wheels to have powder coated and painted themselves?

I'm obviously new to this forum and I apologize to the moderators if I posted this thread in the wrong place!

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Have you asked the customer if they would consider an entirely different style wheel? Seems like a good opportunity for them to try a new look and it may save you money.

Member #

AW: Bauarbeiten in der Wohnung

this particular set of wheels for sale less than the dealers price?
    Whether you want to pass pass4sure exam exams or looking for Northern Michigan University certification, our Intel can provide guaranteed success in real exam.

Ads