Navigation Usable During Motion?

This is a discussion on Navigation Usable During Motion? within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Hi all, I ordered an Evoque with Nav (North America), and the dealer has said that it can be operated while the vehicle is in ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Hi all,

I ordered an Evoque with Nav (North America), and the dealer has said that it can be operated while the vehicle is in motion. A recent post on the forum seems to say that that is not possible. My current car allows it, and I am planning on using the nav often. Can anyone confirm that it can/cannot be operated on the move?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I'm not trying to be rude but what you're asking doesn't make much sense?? Clearly the Navigation will work while you're driving.......otherwise what's the point? I have a new Evoque and the Navigation works just fine, and while I'm driving as well. Are you trying to see if the Nav system will play a DVD while in motion??? If thats the question I don't think it will. I know in Europe and other countries you get a split screen for the passenger to watch a DVD and the driver gets a Nav screen. But I don't think it works that way here in the States? Let me know if this helps you out.
    Always Ready for Fun and Adventure
    2012 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
    2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, Fully Modded 550HP+
    2009 Honda CBR600RR Modded
    2010 Harley Nightster Totaled.....
    2004 BMW M3 Coupe Sold.....
    1965-68 Ford Mustang Fastback......Wanted and Looking to buy LMK

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMZEVO248 View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude but what you're asking doesn't make much sense?? Clearly the Navigation will work while you're driving.......otherwise what's the point? I have a new Evoque and the Navigation works just fine, and while I'm driving as well. Are you trying to see if the Nav system will play a DVD while in motion??? If thats the question I don't think it will. I know in Europe and other countries you get a split screen for the passenger to watch a DVD and the driver gets a Nav screen. But I don't think it works that way here in the States? Let me know if this helps you out.
    Sorry if I did not explain myself well....What I want to know is if new information can be programmed into the Nav system while driving. Many systems require the vehicle to be at a stop before you can enter a destination. My current vehicle allows me to enter data whether or not the vehicle is rolling, but apparently that is the exception in the industry due to safety concerns. Does the Evoque's system allow all data entry/destination modification, regardless of whether you are rolling?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    yes you can reprogram while moving

Member #

Member #
    My Jaguar XF 2010 won't allow me to enter new way points while driving. I have to stop and enter a new address. That is not the case with my Garmin Nuvi.

Member #

Member #
    It's not very usable while not moving... and it's about the same amount of not usable when moving. You have to press a million buttons with a pause between each one to get somewhere and then when it doesn't have the listing you need it's a million pause buttons to back track and start over looking a different way. I usually give up and pull out my cell phone to have it give me directions from my current location to where I'm going. Works for free on both iPhone and Android phones, Google App or Maps App. The Garmin in my last car was nice, I miss it.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovermd View Post
    yes you can reprogram while moving
    ditto, yes you can reprogram while moving.

Member #
    You can even use your voice to reprogram

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads