Break in oil change

Break in oil change

This is a discussion on Break in oil change within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Does LR recommend a break in oil change? I am at 1100 miles on my 2014. Need to know if and when I should change ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Break in oil change

Does LR recommend a break in oil change? I am at 1100 miles on my 2014. Need to know if and when I should change oil.

Thanks

JDiehl

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I was told the first service was at 1 year or 15,000 miles (or was it 10,000?). Nothing needed before then according to the dealer. I've seen on the forums that other people have suggested an oil change at 7500 miles.

Member #
    The owner's manual will give you oil change intervals, which is the best place to start.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    My dealer also said one year or 15k. I went in at one year w/about 7500 miles & they changed it.

Member #
    Break in Oil change is an old scholl remant. Tolerances are so good know along with filtration that it is a waste. Once a year is fine, honstly irregardles of mileage with synthetics of any reasonable quality.

Member #
    Thanks for the imput. I will wait on the oil change. I run synthetic and do extended drain intervals on my diesel pick up also. I do trust the new oil technologies.

JDiehl

Member #
    Old school remnant here, changed oil the first week and again at 16k.

Rovage

Member #
    Old school here too. First change at 5,000 miles. Oil is the life blood of an auto. $45 is cheap insurance for a pricey vehicle. To each their own though.

Member #
    Yes oil is cheap insurance. I suspect the 15,000 mile oil change interval is more about sales than what is best for the car. Simple to do the oil change on the Evoque. All that is different from most cars is that you need to remove the skid plate under the motor (easy.) Lots of information on this web site to help an owner do this himself. You also have the assurance that you have the correct synthetic oil and correct weight in your engine when you do it yourself. Not all garages are honest. I drive with a heavy foot which means I frequently use the turbo boost. The heat of the turbocharger is hard on oil, synthetic or not. 6000 miles is the interval for my oil change. If your Evoque is gas (all U.S. Evoques,) You have a Ford 2.0 Ecoboost 4cylinder motor which means you can purchase a high quality oil filter at any local parts store.

Member #
    After 1500 miles, and owning the Evoque for 2 months, I couldn't take it any longer, and changed the oil and filter. The 6 quarts of Mobil 1 and the Mobil 1 Oil Filter cost approximately $50. The vehicle may not care, but psychologically, I feel better. Folks here on the forum have made great arguments pro and con, but the procedure is easy, cost minimal, and Seattle has an excellent oil recycle program. Overall, I still am not sure if the car needed it, but I feel better knowing what is in there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads