Towi Assist Software

Towi Assist Software

This is a discussion on Towi Assist Software within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; Paul here from the USA. I've got the official dealer-installed towing package and it isn't working as I expected. Dealers seem to have little to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Towi Assist Software

Paul here from the USA.

I've got the official dealer-installed towing package and it isn't working as I expected. Dealers seem to have little to no training with such things, so I'm asking here; have any of you tried using Tow Assist?

The manual states that upon hooking up the trailer electrics and then opening and closing the drivers door, the Evoque is supposed to ask the user if a trailer has been connected. This doesn't happen for me. If I manually select the Tow Assist soft key I can get it to go through configuration, but the target in the displayed orange zone it won't change to green and the feature never seems to ultimate activate.

Thoughts? Anyone have luck with this, or not. Or has no one even tried this feature yet?

Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    Well, I've had the dealer look at this, and after spending a day looking at this, they're befuddled. They'll be checking with the national tech support on Tuesday. Am I about to trigger yet ANOTHER service campaign? (The first was when I discovered Park Exit wasn't working).

I'm assuming at this point that they've missed another software issue and didn't test all features in the US market. I'm also surprised that I'm the only one who's finding these things.

-- Paul

p.s. Any way to fix the message heading? I misspelled "tow" as "towi".
    Last edited by Beopaul; 10-26-2014 at 08:51 PM.

Member #
    I have tried getting this to work and I've got nothing. They didn't even have the stickers / triangle. I just printed it out and made it. What I do notice is that when I connect a trailer and turn a signal on, the trailer ligtb does illuminate. Let me know how you make out?

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    I had taken my Evoque back for awhile and just now returned it to the dealer for them to continue investigating. Dealer's getting conflicting information from LR as to whether tow assist feature is even supposed to be present.
    I can't find my window sticker. Could someone check their and see if explicitly mentions tow assist. I thought mine did.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Beopaul View Post
    I had taken my Evoque back for awhile and just now returned it to the dealer for them to continue investigating. Dealer's getting conflicting information from LR as to whether tow assist feature is even supposed to be present.
    I can't find my window sticker. Could someone check their and see if explicitly mentions tow assist. I thought mine did.
    If you go to the Land Rover TOPIx website and create a userid and password(if you haven't already), you will be able to enter your VIN, and you can see every option your Evoque has, and the ones it doesn't have.

Member #
    What is the software supposed to do? Is it just for helping steer the car to the hitch? I tow with my Evoque and the rear view camera has a hitch setting that works great. Also, the only difference I notice with the trailer hooked up is a light on the dash whenever my turn signals are blinking.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rsquared View Post
    If you go to the Land Rover TOPIx website and create a userid and password(if you haven't already), you will be able to enter your VIN, and you can see every option your Evoque has, and the ones it doesn't have.
    Don't you have to be a repair shop and be approved before they'll let you register?

-- Paul

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Beopaul View Post
    Don't you have to be a repair shop and be approved before they'll let you register?

-- Paul
    Paul,

No. I am going to send you a PM on how to register at TOPIx.

Member #
    Ok, thanks, just checked TOPIx and the descriptions seem a bit vague. It mentions "SURROUND CAMERA" but not explicitly mentioning tow assist anywhere. It doesn't explicitly mention it as being left out either, so I'm still left in limbo.
    Another example of TOPIx's vagueness is its listing of "AUTOMATED PARKING SYSTEM" without mentioning whether it includes Park Exit (it does, after I pointed out its absence and a recall was issued), or Perpendicular Park (it doesn't).

-- Paul

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    What is the software supposed to do? Is it just for helping steer the car to the hitch? I tow with my Evoque and the rear view camera has a hitch setting that works great. Also, the only difference I notice with the trailer hooked up is a light on the dash whenever my turn signals are blinking.
    Watch the video in the first post. Tow Assist is supposed help with the process of reversing a trailer by showing the path that the trailer will take as you turn the wheel. This is different from Hitch Assist, which is for steering the car to the hitch before connecting.
    -- Paul

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads