Transmission

Transmission

This is a discussion on Transmission within the Evoque Forum forums, part of the Evoque Discussions category; HI all, Im quite new to this forum concept. But i've heard its the best place to find answers. I've recently purchased a 2014 Evoque ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Transmission

Member #

Transmission

HI all,
    Im quite new to this forum concept. But i've heard its the best place to find answers.
    I've recently purchased a 2014 Evoque Pure and noticed that the auto transmission has slightly changed over the time I've had the car. From what I've read, it adapts to your driving style.
    Im finding that my evoke now tends to take higher revs in the first few gears, I'm assuming that it has adapted to my initial way of driving (when i first bought the car) being all excited about the turbo engine.
    Is there any way I can have this reset?

2. # ADS
    Ads

Member #
    I've heard it adapts during the first 1500 miles. I can't say I noticed much change in mine, but find using "S" mode more suited to my driving style.

Member #
    Discoonect battery for a few then reconnect. That has worked with many cars in the past. Most learning is contiuous. BMW, for example, learns each time you drive.

5. Remove Advertisements
    EvoqueForums.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    on my 2014 Evoque, i have noticed that the transmission seems to be 'in a hurry' when upshifting from 2nd to 3rd, which results in a very noticeable 'shake'. am i being too picky and this is normal? or should have car checked (my dealer claims it is normal, bit it does not feel right).

Member #
    While the 9 speed is quick shifting it should still be pretty smooth. Depending on how hard you accelerate and perhaps inadvertently let up a little on the accelerator...you can get a little jerk at the shift.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt113 View Post
    on my 2014 Evoque, i have noticed that the transmission seems to be 'in a hurry' when upshifting from 2nd to 3rd, which results in a very noticeable 'shake'. am i being too picky and this is normal? or should have car checked (my dealer claims it is normal, bit it does not feel right).
    I don't notice any shake in mine.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DVFlyer View Post
    I don't notice any shake in mine.
    thanks for your reply. it happens to me all the time (whether i am extremely gentle on the throttle, keeping the engine below 2000 rpm the whole time, or whether i press hard on the gas pedal).. so it seems to be an issue with my car.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by hjt113 View Post
    thanks for your reply. it happens to me all the time (whether i am extremely gentle on the throttle, keeping the engine below 2000 rpm the whole time, or whether i press hard on the gas pedal).. so it seems to be an issue with my car.
    If that's the case I agree something is wrong. Take her in for service.
    You shouldn't have to stop just because the pavement does! 2012 Range Rover Evoque Pure Plus Coupe, 2009 Land Rover LR2 HSE traded, 2008 Land Rover LR2 SE traded.

Member #
    A quick update on this topic in case someone has the same issue: for a while the car was 'in a hurry' to upshift from 2nd to 3rd and from 4th to 5th (even with the slightest press on the throttle). I disconnected the battery and the upshift from 4th to 5th is now smooth.. but I still have the same issue from 2nd to 3rd. I went to try a new 2014 Evoque and I could not feel the same 'upshift rush' resulting in a very noticeable shake... so clearly my transmission is acting up. I will be bringing the car back for maintenance soon, I will have them look into that, i will keep you posted. Other weird thing with the car: the 'auto up' function for the left power windows (front and back) does not work, while it works fine for the right doors and the 'auto down' function works fine on all 4 windows... go figure...

Member #
    Hold the problem switch up for a second or two & it should reset.
    DVFlyer likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ads